Chuck, NBC @ 8 PM – I might not have loved last season but this show is still one of my favorite shows. When it’s on, having a new episode to watch is my reward for making through yet another Monday. Beyond the few things I found out at Comic-Con, I am as unspoiled as one can be for the show’s fourth season and I love it. I can’t wait for 8PM to roll around so I can revel in the return of Chuck Bartowski to my TV life.
How I Met Your Mother, CBS @ 8 PM – I’m not as excited about this one as I have been in the past. Last season was rough. I never seriously considered dropping the show because I’m way too attached to the characters but, man, I sure hope they deliver on their promise to do better this year.
Castle, ABC @ 10 PM – I saw a screener of the premiere and it’s great. Lots of laughs and Castle being Castle. Nathan Fillion is good at making me fall in love with his characters (with a few, very intentional, exceptions) and his Castle is no exception. I sorta wish Castle were a real person because he’s just that awesome.
- Lone Star, FOX @ 9 PM – I haven’t seen it and, truth be told, doesn’t look like the type of show that’ll appeal to me. However, all the critics are RAVING about the pilot (while also dubious about how it’ll fair as an actual series) so I’m going to check it out.
- The Event, NBC @ 9 PM – Just watched my screener for this one and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. NBC’s heavy-handed marketing on this one really turned me off but the show itself intrigues me. The mysterious aspect to it could get old fast but for now I’m interested in seeing more. One word of caution, you might need a note pad to keep track of what’s going on in this first episode. I’m not sure I have any right to do so but I hope they tone it down a bit as the series continues. I don’t mind TV that forces me to sit up and pay attention but I’m not interested in a show that makes my head spin every time I watch it.
- Mike & Molly, CBS @ 9:30 PM – I’m including this here only because I do eventually plan to check it out. However, I’ll be waiting a week or two until I’ve sussed out whether I’m sticking with my two new 9 PM shows or not.
- Hawaii Five-0, CBS @ 10 PM – I’m actually looking forward to this one. It’s my kind of TV fluff. Plus, “Book ‘em, Danno!”
- Chase, NBC @ 10 PM – This show is not on my schedule (and I have no plans to add it) but I’m including it because I enjoyed the screener and feel like it’s getting a bum rap from critics. Look, this isn’t TV’s next Mad Men but if you like the CSIs, NCIS-s, and Criminal Minds of this world (and lots of people do) I think you’ll enjoy Chase.