Friday Fun: Common Thread

Friday Fun!I know it’s been a while, but it’s time for some Friday Fun. Thought we’d get back into the swing of things with a fun and easy little game I’m calling Common Thread. It’s pretty much what it sounds like… I’m going to give you sets of three things and you have to tell me what they all have in common. For some of them it’s pretty straightforward, but others a little trickier. So, put your thinking caps on and let’s have some fun!

The Threads

1. Better Off Ted — The Office — Modern Family

2. The Vampire Diaries — 90210  — True Blood

3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer — Veronica Mars — Heroes

4. Glee — Pushing Diasies — Eli Stone

5. Angel — Supernatural — Charmed

6. Alias — Chuck — White Collar  (hint: NOT spies)

7. Firefly — Drive — The Inside

Let us know in the comments below what you think each of these threesomes have in common. And if you’re up for it,  post  a common thread of your own to test our knowledge!

6 Responses to “Friday Fun: Common Thread”

Polter-Cow says:

1. Half-hour comedies.
    2. Er, does 90210 have vampires? And it’s not based on a book?
    3. Blonde heroines?
    4. Musical numbers.
    5. Uh…supernatural elements? The apocalypse?
    6. I don’t think Matthew Bomer was on Alias
    7. Tim Minear can’t even get a full season on the air.

Manju says:

1. Documentary style? I only watched BOT once, and can’t remember.
    2. Don’t know, but whatever ties 90210 with True Blood, I want to know!!
    3. Ass k*cking blondies? Shows Kristen Bell (should’ve) had a lead in?
    4. Shows that were nothing like anything else on TV?
    5. Main characters that die but (almost) always come back to life?
    6. Not Bomer, so..uuh..brown-haired leads?
    7. Me not watching any of those. Ever.

Wow, I s*ck at this! Haha

Eolivet says:

2. Has to be either love triangles or…dramas with teenage character leads.

Eolivet says:

7. Could also be canceled by Fox after less than a season.

makila says:

3. they all saved the world
    4. musicals
    5. witchcraft, angels vs demons
    6.they all work for the fbi
    7. canceled to soon

Jody says:

Guess this one was a little trickier than I thought. Between you, I think you got most of them, but here’s the full list for verification.

1. Comedies where they talk directly to the camera. (I’d give it to Manju with documentary style)
    2. They all star Canadian women
    3. Tiny, blond heroines (P-C)
    4. They burst into song (P-C)
    5. Each had at least 1 Apocolypse (P-C)
    6. They all had FBI employees (makila)
    7. Tim Minear can’t even get a full season on the air (P-C)