Top 5 TV Boyfriends

With and Valentine’s day fast approaching I figured this would be the perfect time to share my list of my favorite TV Boyfriends!

I know we all have our TV crushes, and often it’s not because he’d make a wonderful boyfriend, but just because he’s sexy and makes us swoon. Well today (in honor of the holiday of love) we’re just focusing on those characters who have raised the bar on love and commitment,  and avoiding those sexy bad-boys who are really nothing but trouble.

My Top 5 TV Boyfriends

1. tvboyfriendsPacey Whitter (Dawson’s Creek) – If I were to quote all the times Pacey melted my heart it’d fill a book! For example:  “She’s so beautiful that every time you look at her, your knees tremble, your heart just melts and you know right then and there, without any reservation, that there’s order and meaning to the universe.” This boy loves to be in love, and his lucky women know it!
  2. Marshall Ericson (How I Met Your Mother) – How could Marshmallow not make the list? He married the only girl he’s ever been with. It may not get more romantic than that.
  3. Dean Forester (Gilmore Girls) – Dean doted on Rory like every girl in high school dreams her boyfriend would do.  “…you were really lucky with Dean. He was an exceptional first boyfriend, and you got spoiled. Most of us didn’t have first boyfriends like Dean. Most of us had first boyfriends like Brian Hutchins.”
  4. Leo Wyatt (Charmed) – He loved Piper her whole life, and they overcame every obstacle to be together. Awww.
  5. Derek Shepherd (Grey’s Anatomy)- He puts up with Meredith’s dark and twisty ways. Need I say more?

So, have you dreamed of being whisked away by any of these guys? Who’s on the top of your TV dating list?  (Guys you can play too! Tell us your fave TV Girlfriends!) Let us know in the comments below.

14 Responses to “Top 5 TV Boyfriends”

Jenn says:

Funny, two of my tv boyfriends are on your list.
    These are in no order… I love them all!
    1. Marshall Ericson (HIMYM) – I don’t think I need to explain.
    2. Dean Forester (Gilmore Girls) – Since I started watching Gilmore Girls I always said Dean was the best boyfriend… though I guess not the best husband. ;)
    3. Aidan Shaw (Sex and the City) – I always thought he was too good for Carrie. ha!
    4. Chandler Bing (Friends) – as a HUGE friends fan I have to put him on the list. The way he and Monica worked was awesome.
    5. Jim Halpert – He, like Marshall, is the guy who when you marry you truely are marrying your best friend.

• 1.1
      Jody says:

Hahaha! About Dean not being the best husband. Good point. :)

It was a really tough call between Chandler and McDreamy. I adore Chandler & Monica. Their engagement is still my favorite episode of the series. I cry every time.

I never thought of Aidan, but he was an awesome BF.

Spadada says:

Lame. Lame. Lame. On the 3 in the middle anyway. Can’t argue with with #1 and #5.

Let’s see… Do I even like a fictional male character that is minimally decent at being a boyfriend?

This is hard. I take back my mean lames from the beginning.

Going with Chuck Bartowski, Landry Clarke, and Cappie.

Magie says:

Let me see if I can narrow it down to five…

Definitely Pacey (Dawson’s Creek). For me, it was always Pacey’s creek.

Logan (Veronica Mars). Swoon.

I think Damon (The Vampire Diaries) has to make it on the list. Ian Somerholder is killing this role and I love it.

Dr. McDreamy (Grey’s Anatomy) for sure. He is so good at adoring gazes, I love it.

Seth Coen (The OC) maybe? He has a special place in my heart. :)

Although leaving out Jim Halpert (The Office) seems criminal!

Kath (GMMR) says:

I should think about this more before I post, but my gut tells me…

Pacey Witter, Jim Halpert, Chuck Bartowski, Michael Vaughn, and Logan Echolls Cappie

Spadada says:

Seth Cohen! Good one.

And Michael Vaughn! Although I preferred him as the handler trying to hide his feelings and failing.

Jody says:

I’m going to have to disagree with all you ladies on adding Chuck… He is adorkable, but considering how he treated Lou, and how he keeps running out on Hannah to meet Sarah, he’s just not the best BF out there. I love him dearly, but that’s not the point of this exercise!

As for the omission of Jim Halpert, I don’t watch The Office. So it’s no slight to his boyfriend abilities!

Mélanie says:

Oh my god! I couldn’t agree more with Pacey as #1.. He was the perfect boyfriend in my eyes as well.

I disagree with Logan; he was devoted, yes, but a little too much intense with his emotions for my taste.

I would agree with Seth Cohen though; he was a sweet guy. Dean from GG was also a good choice and perhaps I’d had Sayid from Lost? I mean, we never really saw him in long term relationship, but he seemed to be the sweetest guy and romantic when he was in love.

But no matter what, I’m going with Pacey as my #1; always has, always will :D

I’m late to the party but you know I’m going to agree with Pacey. #1, no doubt about it.

I can’t agree with Dean, though. I mean he was pretty great while he was her BF but he cheats on his wife later so it kinda pushes him right out of the running for me.

I’m a little iffy on Logan. I think he’s actually a great boyfriend. But he’s got a lot of other issues that would lead to a lot of drama if you dated him.

Jim definitely goes on my list. As does Noel Crane from Felicity.

I’d put Cappie on my list but that boy would never be able to afford to go out much. Been there, done that. I don’t need my guys to be rich but I need them to be able to occasionally take me places and be able to pay half the bill.

I do agree with Marshall. I mean, I’m not drawn to him but can’t argue that he’s totally an awesome boyfriend.

Haha. I can’t seem to settle on the ones I want on my list! Other than Pacey. And Noel.

Sam says:

Logan Echolls : yes he was a flawed character and some kind of a drama queen but he was also so witty, sensitive, smart, vulnerable. Don’t forget he could be such a romantic when he wanted. The life with him would be full of drama but it would be so much more interesting. I am all for the wild ride and exiting life !!

Jim Halpert : witty, interesting while being a good man (it’s rare !), cute, romantic without being corny, vulnerable. Heart him !

Cappie : fun loving guy, witty, caring (but i have to admit i really love him because of his care about friendship, i heart Cappie and Evan together as well as Cappie and Dale !!)

Ah Aidan : i loved that guy, he so much loved Carrie, he was so genuine. I was really torn between him and Big. Two awesome guys for Carrie, what a lucky girl !