Friday Fun: Sophie’s Choice – TV Style

Friday Fun!We played a version of this last winter, but it was fun and we have a whole new crop of shows to choose from now, so let’s re-visit!

In a bold new move, the cable companies have decided to charge for cable by the hour! And in these tough times, you can only afford to watch one hour of TV a day at the new prices!!  Everything is on demand in this new system, so you can watch whatever you want, whenever you want to, but sadly you are forced to choose only one hour a day.

So, you are now faced with the ultimate dilemma – If you could only watch one hour of TV a day what would you watch?

mf-mpThe only rule is that the shows must actually be airing now. So, you don’t have to worry about trying to squeeze Lost or Chuck into your schedule. Whew!  (And commercials are part of the hour… no subtracting time for fast forwarding!)

After much deliberation, here are my choices:

Monday: How I Met Your Mother & The Big Bang Theory
Tuesday:
Castle
Wednesday:
Glee
Thursday:
30 Rock & Modern Family
Friday:
Dollhouse
Saturday:
Melrose Place
Sunday:
Supernatural

Some of those days were easy for me, but the really hard decisions were Melrose or The Vampire Diaries on Saturday, and Cougar Town or Modern Family on Thursday.  I’m still torn about the CT/MF decision. I absolutely want to keep them both.  But while CT makes me laugh much harder, I think MF has the long-term potential. Maybe. Well…Argh!

Alright, now tell us your choices in the comments below!

9 Responses to “Friday Fun: Sophie’s Choice – TV Style”

Monday: HIMYM & BBT
    Tuesday: Supernatural
    Wednesday: Glee
    Thursday: Modern Family/The Office
    Friday: Dollhouse
    Saturday: Castle
    Sunday: Greek

Ok, so I left White Collar/Psych off the list because one ended for the next few months last week and one starts tonight. I didn’t feel like they qualified for that reason. But I would switch out Castle for either of those two.

Jenn says:

Monday: HIMYM & TBBT
    Tuesday:Greek
    Wednesday:Glee
    Thursday:The Office & 30 Rock
    Friday:It’s Always Sunny & Modern Family
    Saturday:Chuck
    Sunday:Desperate Housewives

This was interesting. While I was thinking about my what is on my DVR I was ok with not watching some shows.

Sean Storm says:

MONDAY: HIMYM and TBBT
    TUESDAY: MELROSE PLACE
    WEDNESDAY: GLEE
    THURSDAY: THE OFFICE and 30 ROCK
    FRIDAY: STARGATE: UNIVERSE
    SATURDAY: SUPERNATURAL
    SUNDAY: DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES

I went a step further and limited to watch ONLY one hour of TV on the night the shows aired, except for Saturday since there isnt much to choose from anyway. So I challenge people to choose 1 hour of tv per day and choose ONLY shows that are ON that day, with the allowance of a carry-over hour of tv to watch on Saturdays.

• 3.1

That’s hard….

Monday: HIMYM/BBT
      Tuesday: … Guess I have a free night!
      Wednesday: Glee
      Thursday: Supernatural
      Friday: Dollhouse
      Saturday: Modern Family / The Office
      Sunday: The Amazing Race

Maggie says:

Sunday: Desperate Housewives
    Monday: Castle
    Tuesday: Melrose Place
    Wednesday: HIMYM and Modern Family
    Thursday: The Office and 30 Rock
    Friday: The Vampire Diaries
    Saturday: Grey’s Anatomy

When I was figuring this out on scratch paper, I was really surprised by how essential MP and TVD seemed. Go, CW!

Kyle says:

Sticking with the limitation of the actual air days:

Monday: How I Met Your Mother & The Big Bang Theory
    Tuesday: V (sight unseen–everything else is junk right now)
    Wednesday: The Middle & Modern Family
    Thursday: Flash Forward
    Friday: Psych/Monk (since Psych just finished)
    Saturday: Dexter (yay for Cable reruns)
    Sunday: The Amazing Race