I’ve always been a fan of shows that stick to one naming schema. Hence one of the many (many!) things I love about this show are the “Chuck vs. _________” episode titles. And that’s why we’re going to play a little guessing game with them. Which works out nicely since this series is all about not forgetting about Chuck and now you’ve got a chance to show off just how much you do remember!*
On the left below is a list of episode descriptions from the past two seasons, in no particular order. On the right are the words missing from the titles of each of these episodes. Can you fill in the blanks?
* Don’t worry, even if you don’t pay attention to episode titles, you can just use clues from the descriptions to figure these out!
|Episode Descriptions||Missing Words|
1. “Chuck vs. ___________” - Chuck’s years of playing video games finally finds a cause: saving the world from nuclear annihilation.
2. “Chuck vs. ___________” - A stolen piece of art is the key for locating the weapon’s dealer known only as ‘La Ciudad’ who Chuck must identify.
3. “Chuck vs. ___________” - Chuck, Sarah and Casey go undercover in suburbia and find that the neighbors are plotting much more than the next block party.
4. “Chuck vs. ___________” - Chuck must save Ellie’s life and her big day from being ruined by Ted Roark and Fulcrum.
5. “Chuck vs. ___________” - Chuck must save Casey from a former teacher turned double agent.
6. “Chuck vs. ___________” - Sarah realizes she has feelings for Chuck when he begins to date Lou, a sandwich maker. Things get even more complicated when Lou turns out to be part of a smuggling ring.
7. “Chuck vs. ___________” - Chuck goes undercover at Sarah’s 10-year High School reunion, where they meet the girl that tortured Sarah back in the old days.
8. “Chuck vs. ___________” - Chuck has to help a former Stanford professor who is also a government agent, and learns much about the death of his friend Bryce Larkin.
9. “Chuck vs. ___________” - When Chuck is left unattended with Tyler, the party animal rocker convinces Chuck to go out on the town, which only ends in a night of trouble.
10. “Chuck vs. ___________” - Chuck’s dreams seem to come true: his dad returns and he lands a job with his hero Ted Roark.
The Alma Mater
Very Important PS: Much love to Jody for doing all the real work (compiling the list of episodes and their descriptions) on this post! She rocks.