Friday Fun: Let’s Talk Recorder Backlog

Friday Fun!Aaah!  We’re over a month into the Fall TV season, and even after weeding out a bunch of shows, there’s still too much TV and not enough time to watch it all in! Between the day job, and pesky things like eating, sleeping and housework, my PVR runneth over! And I know I can’t be the only one!

Is your PVR/DVR/TiVo suffering from a backlog?  What’s jamming up your recorder? And what’s causing those shows to be left in a holding pattern? And worst of all… what will you do when you run out of space??? Have you had to make any hard cuts already this fall?

We all know that deleting our saved favourites can be hard on a TV lover, so help ease your pain by sharing it with us!!

SUPERNATURALRight now, I’ve got a backlog of Being Erica and SupernaturalBeing Erica hasn’t really been wowing me so far this season, so it’s suffering from lack of interest. Supernatural on the other hand has been awesome this season, but it’s suffering from the dislike of my spouse. I generally watch SN on Sunday mornings when he’s busy doing other things and I can have the TV to myself, but I’ve had a few busy week-ends, and missed my chance to watch.  But don’t you worry hot, hot Winchester boys… I’m coming for you!

Sadly, in order to keep my backlogged shows, I’ve had to make some tough cuts. The 2-hour series finale of BSG had to go, along with the 3D episode of Chuck (sob), and some of my saved Glee favourites. (Thankfully those will be on DVD soon, making that loss easier.)

What’s piling up on your recorder? What’s had to go??

6 Responses to “Friday Fun: Let’s Talk Recorder Backlog”

I’ve been doing a decent job keeping my DVR under control. Having been sick this week helps. Stuck at home with nothing to do but watch TV will help clear up the DVR! Not sure the throwing up and dizziness is worth it but, hey, a TV whore does what she has to… ;)

However, if they were on the DVR, Grey’s Anatomy and Fringe would be jamming things up. I enjoy both well enough when I watch but I feel no great desire to watch in the first place. Being on the crowded Thursday doesn’t help. My reality shows have also been losing out. This week I only watched the second half of Project Runway because I couldn’t be bothered to go back and watch from the beginning and I wanted to get it off the DVR.

• 1.1

Oh, I should have mentioned that I have had to get rid of some of my recorded items to have enough room for this year’s TV. Usually I save all the Psych episodes so I can re-watch whenever I want but I had to pick and choose just a couple to keep this season. (Luckily, I haven’t *loved* very many of this season’s episodes so this wasn’t as hard as it has been in years past.)

I also had to get rid of a couple of last season’s finales that I really liked. Of course, some of those I now have on DVD so it wasn’t so bad but, still, I hate that they’re all gone now.

Just Jody says:

I definitely feel you on the lack of excitement about Grey’s. If it weren’t on at the same time as Supernatural, it’d probably go into my backlog as well. But since B won’t watch SN, I have to watch GA at that time. (When taping 2 shows, I can only watch one of them – and nothing else – live.)

I also had to get rid of some finales, but had the DVDs so it was OK. Except the Lost finale. Keeping that one!

Mal says:

I suffer from spousal hatred of SPN also! It’s so frustrating. Thankfully I get to watch it same night, hubby goes to bed early and my DVR is on fire. LOL

• 3.1
      Just Jody says:

I’m too big a scaredy cat to watch SN late at night! I had some time this week-end, so I’m only 1 ep behind now though.

My spouse also hated Angel with the same vengeance that he hates Supernatural, so I’ve been dealing with this for far too long!

Kyle says:

Currently my DVR is filled with shows that will prob be getting the season passes deleted soon–basically 4 or so weeks of the WB tuesday and TVD and GG, and most of season 2 of Crash. I also have all of season 2 of Sons of Anarchy (which has been put off until I get a chance to catch up with season 1 on Blu).