It’s Friday, and that means it’s time for some fun!
This week we’re taking one of my personal TV frustrations, and turning it into a fun little game for you! Now, I don’t know about you, but I hate it when I’m searching the TV Guide to look up which episode of a particular show is on, and instead of the episode title and description, there’s just a generic show description. This is in no way helpful to me, I already know what show it is! But, it turns out that this little pet-peeve makes the perfect basis for a little game we’re calling Ramblings of a TV Guide!
We’ll give you a list of generic TV Guide show descriptions, and all you have to do is tell which show they are describing. Easy stuff!
Here’s your list of show descriptions:
- The personal and professional misadventures of six friends in New York city.
- A close-knit group of housewives tries to cope with life in suburbia.
- A group of NYC detectives handles gruesome cases.
- A recently divorced fireman deals with pressures of the job and seeing his ex-wife date other men.
- The romantic and career misadventures of hospital interns.
- Assorted high-school misfits try to survive in the early ’80s.
- Through flashbacks, a father tells his children the story of how he fell in love with their mom.
- An spy learns he’s been burned, severing all ties between him and his government resources.
- Contestants vie to become America’s best dancer.
- A budding journalist winds up becoming a tutor after losing her job at a tabloid magazine.
- Survivors of a plane crash find themselves on a mysterious island.
- Mysterious portals allow prehistoric creatures to travel to present day.
Now tell us which shows you think they’re describing in the comments below.