Friday Fun: Common Links

Friday Fun!Thanks to everyone for playing along last week! #8 (Roswell) was the only one that stumped ya!

This week we’re going with some TV trivia. Each group of items below are related in some way. Can you figure out their common link?

1. Phoebe Halliwell, Willow Rosenberg, Samantha Stephens, Sabrina Spellman
  2. Snoops, Boston Public, Picket Fences, Ally McBeal
  3. George Feeny, Richard Belding, Seymour Skinnert, Van Clemmons
  4. Phoebe & Ursula, Tia & Tamera, Patty & Selma, Brandon & Brenda
  5. Full House, Nash Bridges, Charmed, Monk
  6. Dick Solomon, Isabel Evans, Mork, ALF
  7. Magnum, P.I.; Wings, Lost, Gilligan’s Island
  8. Richie Cunningham, Joan Holloway, Dana Scully, Wilma Flinestone
  9. Jefferson, Winslow, Bayside, West Beverly
  10. “Believe It Or Not,” “Cleveland Rocks,” “I’ll Be There For You,” “Bad Boys”

13 Responses to “Friday Fun: Common Links”

afrocurl says:

1. Witches
    3. HS Principals
    4. Twins
    5. Show in San Francisco
    9. High Schools, but I’m missing something else, I think.

Jen says:

6. aliens
    7. took place on island
    8. red hair
    9. high schools
    10. theme songs

Gemini says:

Phoebe Halliwell, Willow Rosenberg, Samantha Stephens, Sabrina Spellman – witches
    Snoops, Boston Public, Picket Fences, Ally McBeal – courtroom/legal shows
    George Feeny, Richard Belding, Seymour Skinnert, Van Clemmons – principals
    Phoebe & Ursula, Tia & Tamera, Patty & Selma, Brandon & Brenda – twins
    Full House, Nash Bridges, Charmed, Monk – all set in San Francisco
    Dick Solomon, Isabel Evans, Mork, ALF – aliens
    Magnum, P.I.; Wings, Lost, Gilligan’s Island – set on islands
    Richie Cunningham, Joan Holloway, Dana Scully, Wilma Flinestone – redheads
    Jefferson, Winslow, Bayside, West Beverly – high schools
    “Believe It Or Not,” “Cleveland Rocks,” “I’ll Be There For You,” “Bad Boys” – theme song titles

I would like to add to #10 that they were all theme songs that charted.

lol – Jody! I threw Charmed in there with #5 just because I figured it’d help you get it.

Also, there was a hint in that last one for ya too. ;)

@Gemini: Close on the 2nd one but I think you were thinking of Boston Legal instead of Boston Public. The other’s got it though, they were all David E. Kelley productions. (As was Boston Legal so I see where you would have mistaken the two!)

@Scooter: Really? Awesome. I didn’t even realize that… Errr, I mean, yeah I totally meant for them to have that connection too. ;)

And, yay, y’all got the rest! Glad it wasn’t too hard. I was afraid it wouldn’t be all that fun to try and figure them out. :)

Just Jody says:

Ha. I was going to guess show’s with three sisters for #5 because I’ve only seen FH & Charmed. But I was pretty sure Monk didn’t have 3 sisters. :)

The funniest thing, is that as soon as I read #10 I started singing “believe it or not, I’m walking on air, never thought I could feel so freeee” in my head, but I still never clued in that they were song titles! And of COURSE I should have known “I’ll be there for you”!

Also? You will laugh SO much harder at this in a few weeks. (You’ll understand then.)

Jen K says:

Okay, I did it without peeking.

1. Phoebe Halliwell, Willow Rosenberg, Samantha Stephens, Sabrina Spellman – Witches
    2. Snoops, Boston Public, Picket Fences, Ally McBeal – David E Kelley
    3. George Feeny, Richard Belding, Seymour Skinnert, Van Clemmons – Principals. Also, Mr. Feeney!
    4. Phoebe & Ursula, Tia & Tamera, Patty & Selma, Brandon & Brenda – Twins
    5. Full House, Nash Bridges, Charmed, Monk – California? (this is a guess)
    6. Dick Solomon, Isabel Evans, Mork, ALF – Aliens
    7. Magnum, P.I.; Wings, Lost, Gilligan’s Island – ABC Shows? (this is a guess, too)
    8. Richie Cunningham, Joan Holloway, Dana Scully, Wilma Flinestone – Redheads
    9. Jefferson, Winslow, Bayside, West Beverly – High School
    10. “Believe It Or Not,” “Cleveland Rocks,” “I’ll Be There For You,” “Bad Boys” – Theme Songs

Close, Jen! Just got the two location ones wrong, #5 & #7. Though California is probably close enough for #5.

Good guess on #7 tho! But Wings aired on NBC and Magnum and Gilligan’s Island were on CBS. As I’m sure you’ve seen, the connection there was that they all take place on Islands.

Stella says:

I haven’t checked out the other answers yet, so:

1. Phoebe Halliwell, Willow Rosenberg, Samantha Stephens, Sabrina Spellman

7. Magnum, P.I.; Wings, Lost, Gilligan’s Island

Set on an island?

8. Richie Cunningham, Joan Holloway, Dana Scully, Wilma Flinestone

Redheads

9. Jefferson, Winslow, Bayside, West Beverly

High schools

10. “Believe It Or Not,” “Cleveland Rocks,” “I’ll Be There For You,” “Bad Boys”

Theme songs