Friday Fun: Shows Gone Bye

It’s been awhile but I feel like injecting a little fun into this Friday. How about an oldie but a goodie? Identify the shows that go with the screen captures below. I don’t think they’re too hard but, if it helps, they’re all shows that are no longer on the air and each scene captured is from that show’s final episode.

See if you can name some of my favorites shows gone bye…

01.
Guess the show that belongs to this screen capture.

02.
Guess the show that belongs to this screen capture.

03.
Guess the show that belongs to this screen capture.

04.
Guess the show that belongs to this screen capture.

05.
Guess the show that belongs to this screen capture.

06.
Guess the show that belongs to this screen capture.

07.
Guess the show that belongs to this screen capture.

08.
Guess the show that belongs to this screen capture.

09.
Guess the show that belongs to this screen capture.

10.
Guess the show that belongs to this screen capture.

13 Responses to “Friday Fun: Shows Gone Bye”

afrocurl says:

4. Buffy
    5. Dead Like Me
    7. Firefly (even though I’ve never seen the series, as of now.)

Just Jody says:

Aw, Friday Fun! I’ve missed you.
    Love this one!

1. Gilmore Girls
    2. Alias
    3. Charmed
    4. Buffy
    6. Freaks and Geeks
    7. Firefly
    9. Veronica Mars
    10. Wonderfalls

Polter-Cow says:

These are hard!

4. Maybe Buffy? It’s a seal opening!
    5. Dead Like Me? Is that George?
    6. Freaks and Geeks? Is that that van that Lindsay goes off in?
    7. Firefly! I know this one for sure.
    9. Veronica Mars!
    10. Wonderfalls!

Polter-Cow says:

Ha, Jody, I should have guessed Gilmore Girls and Alias on the first two. Those were my guesses but I didn’t remember the shots so I wasn’t sure.

Anita says:

Apparently I need to re-watch some old shows, because I only guessed Alias and VM, even though I’ve watched GG, Firefly, Charmed and Buffy.

Just Jody says:

I did guess for some of them… like Alias – what other show would have that? And VM, with Alias out, what other girl would have a stun gun? But I tend to watch the finales more than any other episode, so I had an advantage in this game.

I wanna say #8 is Pushing Daisies, looks familier.

Spadada says:

I think 5 is DLM, but I think it is Reggie, not George.

#8 is tripping me up. I want to say “The Ex List” but I don’t think you watched it. Maybe Scooter is right and it is PD. I haven’t seen the final three eps yet, so I wouldn’t know.

When do we get the answers?

Just Jody says:

My guess for #8 is Dawson’s Creek. Based on nothing really.

I was tempted to use a PD screencap but I know not everyone has seen that episode yet so it didn’t seem fair.

#8 is a toughy… some hints. One of the female stars of it is going to be on a show next season (mid-season). Another of the female stars is currently on a very popular show… or at least she was. Her future on the show is up for much debate. ;)

Jo – I wanted to do one for Dawson’s Creek but I couldn’t find any sites with DC screencaps! So it’s a good guess but, alas, not correct.

Between all of you, you did get all the others though. And, yes, Spads is correct P-C. It’s Reggie there. I almost used a headstone shot for DLM because I didn’t want Reggie to give it away… but I just love that shot from above like that.

I wasn’t sure if the Buffy one would be hard or not. It’s pretty distinctive but could also have been from just about any show that has some supernatural elements to it.

I used cap #2 in honor of Star Trek. That damn red liquid. JJ & Co are obsessed with it!

P-C: The Gilmore Girls cap is from when Luke is gathering all the ropes and tarps he can so that the can still have Rory’s party despite the rain.

I wasn’t sure if the VM cap would be hard or not. It’s the sweater that would give it away for me but I had a hard time finding a cap that wasn’t too obvious. I figured the stun gun part would help narrow it down.

Shannon says:

Ok – so maybe #8 is Carnival? I don’t know if you watched it – but they used Tarot alot in that show so it’s a possibility…it seems really familiar to me, but I’m just not remembering it…maybe Cupid – the original? Ah well, those are my guesses…

Nope… good guess though. I wouldn’t have thought to connect the Tarot card to Carnivale.

No, #8 is from Roswell. Which I only thought of because I had just seen Shiri Appleby in the clips from Parental Discretion Advised.

Polter-Cow says:

Ha, I meant Reggie. JD’oh!