Jace tagged me for the Seven Facts Meme last week. It’s been awhile since I’ve done this so I figured, why not! Although, the last time I did this I only had to come up with six facts. What’s up with increasing the number folks?! As much as I prefer odd numbers, now I’ve got to come up with even more facts about myself. (To be fair, it was seven facts the time before that so I guess I guess it just depends on who is tagging you.)
- Mmmm Bop! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked if I’m related to the Hansons. (No, I’m not.) However! Over the past few years, Mmmm Bop has become one of my very few nicknames because of the same last name thing. You’re required to sing the nickname, though, if you’d like to use it.
- Editor-in-Chief: I was the editor of the yearbook my senior year in high school. I still laugh about how this led people to point to me as “most likely to organize our 10 year reunion.” (Something our History teacher asked us one day.) I didn’t even attend the reunion, much less organize it! No, no, I didn’t take the job because of my school spirit. I was just fascinated with layout design and finding the best way to capture a year’s worth of stories in one book. Well, that and I do tend to throw myself into something while I’m living it.
- Camera Shy: As in, I’m not. See exhibit A to the right. Not that I love pictures of myself but I’m certainly have no problem taking ‘em. I blame it on the fashion show stint I went through at the age of 8. Oh yes, you heard me right, I walked the runway (of the Geissen Officer’s Club) at the age of 8. Who knew?!)
- You’re Such A Baby! I’m the youngest of five girls. Of course, I came along 10 years after the sister before me (15 years after the oldest) so at least my parents weren’t dealing with five girls going through puberty at the same time. Can you imagine?! Yikes!
- Take A Message: I hate talking on the telephone. I’d even go as far as saying I fear it. I don’t really know why… it’s such a silly fear to have. Perhaps it’s because telephones were not as big a part of my childhood as they were for others. Growing up in Germany and moving around a lot meant that calling my friends cost a lot of money. And, umm, my parents actually kept the phone locked most of the time. The joys of having older sisters who ran up huge phone bills as teenagers. Also, I swear my fear explains why I’ve embraced social media. I’m just much more comfortable with it as a form of communication. But, as I was wondering the other day, will I still hate talking on the phone once video calls become the norm?
- Please Arrive Promptly… RAE!!! Yeah, I hear that a lot. Because I’m perpetually late. I’m always on time for work functions but, as my friends will happily bitch to you, I’m about five to ten minutes late for everything else in life. To combat the problem, most of my clocks are set ahead by several minutes and I’m often given a meeting time ten to fifteen minutes before the actual meeting time.
- Home Sweet Home? Germany? I really do have a hard time answering when someone asks, “Where are you from?” I was born in Augusta, Maine but spent most of my formative years in different cities in Germany (Berlin, Geissen, Bremerhaven, Heidelberg). We moved to Port St. Lucie, FL my sophomore year of high school but I can’t say that PSL ever felt like home. Even less so these days since it’s changed greatly from the place it was for the four years I lived there. In truth, the 11 years I’ve lived in Orlando are the longest I’ve lived anywhere and these days it does feel like “home.” Still, I must admit to smiling nostalgically and thinking about Germany whenever the question comes up.
Wow. That was harder than I thought. Mostly because I don’t want to repeat facts and I always blank on anything interesting when I’m typing these things up. Let’s spread that torture around, eh? Alright, I’m tagging people I thought might actually do this if I didn’t tag you and you want to do it? Please do. I tag Kath from GMMR, Amrie from My Take on TV, Dan from Ducky Does TV, Just Jody from Canada, Stella from Well Above Average, Shawna from Shouting into the Wind, and Louise from Nice Girls TV.