First, a pre-emptive apology. Posting may be even more sporadic than usual this week as it seems like Tropical Storm Fay is going to breeze through for a visit and I should probably spend some time getting my place ready. Plus I’m supposed to be traveling to DC in the middle of the week for a few days. Supposed to being the key word there, also thanks to Fay. Needless to say, it’s may be a bit chaotic around these parts for a few days.
Second, a giveaway announcement. Congratulations to Jim W., winner of The Shield Prize Pack Giveaway! Jim, you should be getting an email from me shortly. And thanks to everyone else who entered! Be sure to check back soon. To celebrate the return of new TV, we’ll be having a weekly giveaways during the whole month of September!
- With the news that the Emmys will have actors recite classic TV lines from the past 60 years, Buzz put out a call for your favorite TV quips. (BuzzSugar)
- This week, Sandie shared some news and spoilers about the new season of Smallville. (Daemon’s TV)
- We wind down the week with some Friday Fun, this time featuring battles between some of our favorite sidekicks. Tell us who you think would win. (RTVW Online)
- ESPN and Brett Favre thinks NBC is over covering Michael Phelps and other thoughts from the first weeks of the Olympics as Scooter tries to watch at least half of the 3600 hours. (Scooter McGavin’s 9th Green)
- Vance asks all you readers to help pick the Song of the Summer for 2008! (Tapeworthy)
- This week, Jace took a look at another British import, reviewing the first three episodes of BBC America’s new drama Skins, launching this Sunday. (Televisionary)
- TiFaux’s coverage of the Olympics included coverage of commercials, hot athletic bodies, the opening ceremonies and, yes, even a few passing mentions of sports! (TiFaux)
- This week the TV Addict asked, “Is The Secret Life of the American Teenager the Best Worst Show Ever? (The TV Addict)
- Kate stayed up way too late and decided that Grey’s Anatomy is just like Friends. (TV Filter)