Friday Fun: Name That Tune!

Friday Fun!I woke up the other morning with a song stuck in my head. I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what song it was or where I’d heard it. After a while, a picture kept popping up along with the song that was playing over and over in my head… and this image finally made me I realize that it was a TV Theme Song that was on repeat in my brain! Since I’m a self proclaimed TV Addict, it really comes as no surprise that a TV theme song would be stuck in my head, BUT what was suprising is that it was from a show I haven’t seen in years! (*I won’t tell you which song, but will include it in the list below so you can guess like I had to.)

This got me to thinking about how many TV Show Theme songs we all might have stuck in our heads, and thus was born the latest edition of the RTVW Friday Fun game – Name That Tune! It’s pretty simple really, below you will find a list of 21 lines from various TV Show Theme Songs, all you have to do is guess which line comes from which show. And if you’re feeling up to it, why not test us with one of your favorite TV Show Theme Songs that we might have missed!

1. There were times when I lost a dream or two*
2. When the world never seems to be living up to your dreams
3. You can’t take the sky from me
4. Let’s ride with the family down the street.
5. And up through the ground came a bubblin’ crude.
6. I am the son and the heir
7. Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name,
8. If you’re out on the road feeling lonely, and so cold,
9. We got the world spinnin right in our hands
10. We’ll find a place in time.
11. Farm livin’ is the life for me.
12. It’s something I said, or someone I know or you called me up. Maybe I wasn’t home.
13. You woke up this morning. Got yourself a gun.
14. Lend me your ears and I’ll sing you a song.
15. Tell me who, could stop my heart as much as you
16. But when the world needed him most, he vanished
17. Your mother warned you there’d be days like these
18. California here we come. Right back where we started from
19. Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant
20. We’re bobbing along in our barrel.
21. Our whole universe was in a hot dense state

9 Responses to “Friday Fun: Name That Tune!”

Polter-Cow says:

3. Firefly
    6. Charmed
    7. Cheers
    8. Gilmore Girls
    10. The 4400
    11. Green Acres?
    12. Veronica Mars
    14. The Wonder Years?
    16. Avatar! Ha, that’s not a song. But, yes, I often recite that whole opening sequence when explaining the show to people. LONG AGO, THE FOUR NATIONS LIVED IN HARMONY. BUT EVERYTHING CHANGED WHEN THE FIRE NATION ATTACKED.
    18. The O.C.
    20. Wonderfalls
    21. The Big Bang Theory

OK. Now we get to see how I suck at this when I’m on the other side!

2. The Facts of Life
    3. Firefly
    5. Beverly Hillbillies
    6. Charmed
    7. Cheers
    8. Gilmore Girls
    11. Greenacres!!!! (Heh. Shut up, Jo!)
    12. Veronica Mars
    14. Wonder Years
    17. Friends
    18. The OC
    19. Golden Girls
    20. Wonderfalls
    21. Not answering because I gave this lyric to ya…

afrocurl says:

5. The Beverly Hillbillies
    6. Charmed
    7. Cheers
    8. Gilmore Girls
    9. Growing Pains
    11. Green Arches
    18. The OC
    19. Golden Girls
    20. Wonderfalls

There are a few others that sound familiar, and I can’t remember them for the life of me.

hanncoll says:

20. Wonderfalls

Caraleigh says:

2. The Facts of Life
    3. Firefly
    4. The Flintstones
    5. The Beverly Hillbillies
    7. Cheers (my favorite comedy of all-time)
    9. Sheesh….Growing Pains maybe?
    11. Green Acres

11. Green Acres
    14. Wonder Years
    15. Mad About You
    17. Friends
    19. Golden Girls

Just Jody says:

Alright, you guys have done very well! Rae and Sunil are in the lead with 13 & 12 respectively. But since no one got them all, here’s the full list:

1. Who’s the Boss? (There were times when I lost a dream or two.)
    2. Facts of Life (When the world never seems to be living up to your dreams)
    3. Firefly (You can’t take the sky from me)
    4. Flintstones (Let’s ride with the family down the street)
    5. Beverly Hillbillies (And up through the ground came a bubblin’ crude)
    6. Charmed (I am the son and the heir)
    7. Cheers (Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name,)
    8. Gilmore Girls (If you’re out on the road feeling lonely, and so cold,)
    9. Growing Pains (We got the world spinnin right in our hands.)
    10. The 4400 (We’ll find a place in time)
    11. Greenacres (Farm livin’ is the life for me.)
    12. Veronica Mars (It’s something I said, or someone I know or you called me up. Maybe I wasn’t home.)
    13. The Sopranos (You woke up this morning. Got yourself a gun.)
    14. Wonder Years (Lend me your ears and I’ll sing you a song.)
    15. Mad About You (Tell me who, could stop my heart as much as you,)
    16. Avatar: the Last Airbender (But when the world needed him most, he vanished)
    17. Friends (Your mother warned you there’d be days like these)
    18. The O.C. (California here we come. Right back where we started from.)
    19. Golden Girls (Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant.)
    20. Wonderfalls (We’re bobbing along in our barrel.)
    21. The Big Bang Theory (Our whole universe was in a hot dense state)

[...] my head throughout the week. So we’re going back to a game we played earlier in the summer, Name That Theme, only this time I’m feeling nostalgic for my childhood so I only took lines from the themes [...]