This ‘n That: Monday Edition

I don’t have anything overly substantial to say about most of this stuff but some still deserve some at least a “WTF?!” from me and, hey, any day is a good day for a list.

• Kellie Martin hasn’t been on ER since 2000. At what point does she cease to be “ER‘s Kellie Martin”? I say six years ago.
  • Why did my DVR tape some crappy episode of Degrassi or South of Nowhere instead of The Best Years? I kept thinking that maybe it was some special edition of the show until I realized that, no, it’s a different show entirely. Did this happen to anyone else? Now I’m going to be behind this Friday.
  • One Tree Hill is working hard to lose me as a fan. First the 5 year fast forward that isn’t exciting me one bit. Now K-Fed? I don’t even know what to say about that casting choice.
  • TV’s Funniest Moments on FOX? Pretty damn funny.
  • Some new promo vids: Moonlight, Ugly Betty, Survivor: China, and Chuck (ok, this one isn’t really *new* but it’ll make you love Zac Levi and that’s good enough for me)

6 Responses to “This ‘n That: Monday Edition”

tubetalkgirl says:

I just read the K-Fed news over at TMZ. I can’t believe it. I’m with you, Rae. Are they trying to lose viewers?

makd says:

Great website! I love the look; the links are very easy, and I love the topics.

I’m in a quandry about Moonlight. I want NOT to like it, but I’ve seen two promos now, and I will certainly give it a go, despite the loss of Greenwalt and it’s likeness to FK and AtS. Thing is, once January comes ’round and Bones moves to the same time as Moonlight, Moonlight will go down the tube.

Kellie Martin has been doing those Hallmark TV movies for the last couple of years, right? They’re not bad, and I’ve noticed that she looks enough like SMG to play her sister…..or Buffy, age ~30. :-)

Keep up the good work. :-)

All I can think, J, is that K-Fed must have some cred with teeny boopers that I’m not aware of… it’s the *only* thing that makes sense. I guess he does get buzz every time he gets cast on a show but it’s never positive buzz so I dunno if I’d want people tuning in to watch my show just to see what a train wreck K-Fed is. Then again, this is the CW so I don’t know why I’m surprised.

Thanks Mary! I’m glad you like it. :)

Haha. I hear ya about Moonlight. I’m holding out until I see the re-shot pilot. I like the interview with a vampire promo but this new one isn’t really doing it for me. Although it does have more of a … procedural feel to it now than AtS ever did.

Wait. Fox moved Bones to Friday nights in January? What the hell is FOX trying to do to that show? I think Moonlight’s fate will be decided long before that point and I suspect that the people who are watching one are not necessarily the people who would watch the other.

Haha, she could play SMG’s sister! I actually like Kellie Martin. Always have. I just find it annoying that they still call her “ER’s Kellie” when most people who watch ER these days would be hard pressed to remember her from that show.

Ducky says:

I know you didn’t just call Degrassi and South of Nowhere crap. I’m not talking to you for 30 minutes.

Technically, D, I called the episode I was watching crappy not the shows themselves! But, still, you’re right… I’m not going to talk to myself or at least a minute too.