I Know, You Know

Know what I just got at Target???

PSYCH, SEASON 1

YAY!!!

Of course, I didn’t realize it came out this week even though we ([info]holly96, [info]tarfrimmer, and I) were JUST talking about the other day. So, I kinda fail as a Psych fan and TV whore. But, whatever, I have it and I’m watching James Roday’s audition tape RIGHT NOW. Next I’m gonna go on a field trip into the writer’s room.

Life is good.

19 Responses to “I Know, You Know”

schnappycat says:

I was JUST at Target this afternoon and saw it. And considered it. But I wanted The OC S4 more. In the end, I got nothing, though. Boo. Someday!

Aww, well getting nothing SUCKS! Of course, The OC S4 is expensive at Target. I ended up getting it at BJs for about $15 cheaper than Target has it.

schnappycat says:

Good to know. I hadn’t priced it out at all. In fact, I didn’t realize it had been released. I’ll have to get it somewhere else.

tarfrimmer says:

I planned to pick it up at Best Buy today at lunch, for that whole instant gratification feeling, but they didn’t have it. And I was sad. So sad. I probably wouldn’t have had much time to delve into it this week, anyway, so I ordered it online as soon as I got back from lunch. Hopefully, I’ll have it for the holiday next week! :)

Well, if you’re not all that anxious for it, I’d wait until Target puts it on sale. I’m sure they’ll have it down to 50% of the price in a few months. I debated getting it because there’s supposed to be a full OC set coming out but I already have the three other seasons that I don’t know that I’d be willing to pay for a whole set and waste the money I spent on those.

Awww. Damn Best Buy!! Yeah, I probably would have shopped around a bit but I was surprised by it and I, too, wanted the instant gratification.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you get it in time to enjoy it on the holiday!

schnappycat says:

Yeah, no huge hurry I guess. And I did see all the other seasons on sale, so I figure it will be on sale eventually.

keyser7soze says:

The only reason I picked it up was because Deep Discount DVD had it on sale & I had an additional 20% off coupon. It ended up being about $29. That was the cheapest I’d seen it, although now I want to steal my mom’s BJs card and see if they have any other good deals there.

schnappycat says:

Ok,I have to ask. What is BJs? I’m guessing it’s a store we don’t have here. Or I’m dumb. :)

I think it was $45 or so at Target. I’m glad I held off.

keyser7soze says:

No BJ’s in CO? Here’s their website. They’re a wholesale club.

schnappycat says:

Nope, never heard of it. I assume it’s similar to Costco or Sam’s. I do have a Costco membership, so I could check there.

Just one more store CO is lacking. We really are missing some major ones.

apriljoiex says:

OMG! Tell me is it hilarious? How much was it? I have the whole first season on my computer, but still I want the DVDs.

IT’S GREAT!!! It cost me $34.99 at Target. You might be able to find a deal somewhere. Normally I’d shop around a bit but my eyes glazed over when I rounded the corner and saw it and I HAD to have it immediately.

Man, $29 is great!!

You should borrow her card and check out what they’ve got. It all kinda depends on the BJs. They rarely have “new” DVDs. I was surprised they already had S4. Except I think maybe they have a deal with FOX, now that I think about it, because they always seem to have those pretty quickly. Overall, BJs usually runs higher for normal movie DVDs but they always run $10 or more cheaper on the TV on DVD I want.

It really is the same thing as Costco and Sam’s. I’m not sure what kind of deals either of those have on TV on DVD, though. I think BJs is fairly new so that could be why they aren’t in CO yet.

schnappycat says:

I won’t hold my breath. They tend to think of Denver as a cowtown still, so we don’t get cool stores. We don’t have IKEA, H&M, Trader Joe’s, Carvel, etc. We just got a Sephora, so that’s something. Not that I’m bitter. :)

keyser7soze says:

Good idea! I haven’t been there in ages.

holly96 says:

Ooh, I clicked to reply before I finished reading your comment and saw you ordered it online. I was going to say that it was $9 cheaper at Target than at Best Buy.

holly96 says:

Hee. I remembered yesterday morning that it was out. I ended up going to two different Targets and a Best Buy in order to get it last night. Because yes, I did have to have it immediately. The first Target was out (there was a combo pack with Monk, but I didn’t want that), then I went to Best Buy where it was $9 more, so then I went to a 2nd Target that luckily still had a few sets.

And yeah, I watched James’ audition tape last night along with the other little features. I can’t wait to get to some of the commentaries and deleted scenes. Yay!