Am I the only one?

Because this is the type of day I’m having.

Am I the only one who…

• Doesn’t care about Rosie and how she chose to leave The View? I tend to agree with a lot of Rosie’s views on things but there’s no doubt she lacks the grace to know how to get her point of view across without offending the very people she wants to listen or the good sense to know when to keep her mouth shut. Mostly, I can’t stand her need for drama and all this hype has got to be feeding into that something fierce.

• Doesn’t want to see a Veronica Mars movie made? Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have another season of VM… if there were some way to get all the cast and crew back exactly as they were. That’s highly unlikely, though, and I’m strong opposed to any kind of movie made under the pretense of wrapping things up. Maybe I just prefer to imagine what comes next but I don’t want the ending we got ruined.
  • Doesn’t have any desire to watch Hidden Palms when it premieres this week? It’s Kevin Williamson, people, I should be excited about this show! Instead, the previews and promos have left me with an irrational dislike for the show and it hasn’t even started yet! You know I’ll check it out — it’s like my duty or something — but I don’t expect to like it.

13 Responses to “Am I the only one?”

eolivet says:

I’m with you on the second two things, but as for the first, I’m more interested that ABC didn’t fight harder for her to stay. Ratings for “The View” really went up with her on the air, and you’d think that would’ve been worth her sticking her foot in her mouth every so often.

But the whole Rosie/”View” relationship so publicly soured so very quickly, it was almost impossible not to be drawn to the story. In a purely trainwreckish way, of course. :p

relaxandsleep says:

I hope they dont make a movie.

afrocurl says:

Agreed with 1 and 2.

I actually watched the pilot earlier this year, and it’s a sick combination of The OC and VM from what I remember.

Well, she was leaving anyway but I can see what you mean. Of course, ABC could have fought it. I think there was something going on at the show itself that led to her leaving in the first place.

Honestly, I got disgusted at Rosie (and Donald) during the Rosie/Trump thing that that’s pretty much where I washed my hands of her (and him).

I don’t think they will. I just keep seeing everyone hope they do. Sigh.

Hmmm… well, maybe I will like it. Wouldn’t be the first time that CW’s marketing has sucked beyond the telling of it. Like I said, I’ll give it a shot. I’m just extremely apathetic about it at the moment.

harper47 says:

1. Rosie? I couldn’t care less. Honestly the only time I even think or notice her is when I rewatch Sleepless in Seatle or A League of their own. Other than that? Not even a blip on my radar. If I think of talk shows the only one I’m ever interested in enough to watch a clip on Youtube, and that’s only if someone is dancing, interviewing or doing something worthy, is Ellen.

2. Seriously? They are seriously thinking of making a movie? I thought that was all the usual we’ll make a movie, we’ll write books, we’ll establish a space colony and name it Veronica Mars (that last one might just be me) talk that usually goes on when something is cancelled. I didn’t think anyone was serious.

3. Again – just not interested. The cast doesn’t intrigue me and the clips haven’t excited me.

So no- it’s not just you!

Oh and Kiersten is back. Handholding was the extent of bodily contact (which is good, I really don’t have time to go beat up a 13 year old tonight). She had a great time so it’s all good.

1. Exactly!

2. Eh. No, no one is serious. Ausiello asked RT about it and RT said it in a “I have no plans for but of course I’d love to be able to” kind of way and it kind of blew up from there. It’s just that I keep seeing people bring it up and I’m just so opposed to it that I shock myself.

3. Again, exactly! (Do I sense an apopcalyse?!)

OH! Good! I’m glad she had a good time and, awww, handholding!! Aw, I remember the days of handholding.

cara_leigh9 says:

A big, fat ITA on points 1 & 2. I haven’t heard of the last one, but it doesn’t seem to interest me. Things like the deal with Rosie annoy me to no end and when they try to turn things into movies, it usually ends ruining them.

Hi Rae!

makd says:

I have a late teaching schedule this semester, so I happened to catch the big fight last week. MOPS and I were having our second cup of coffee, and I was getting ready to go to work.

It was embarrassing to watch. Rosie was very clear: she didn’t want to argue with Elizabeth. But Elizabeth snapped; she just lost it and whoosh! The yelling started.

Afterwards, Gil and I agreed that both of them should be fired. We were surprised that nothing was said to Elizabeth – not even a handslap.

They were both out of line.

Interestingly, we’ve had it with the view. Haven’t seen it since and I daresay we probably never will again (unless Emily Deschanel or DB are the guests.)

xasterisk says:

ASP is coming out with a Gilmore Girls movie that’ll end the way she wanted it to. I’ll probably see it just to hear the elusive last four words.

anonymous says:

You are definitely not alone. I could probably not care less about Rosie or anything The View related, I never got into Veronica Mars and Hidden Palms looks like a terrible OC rip off. Seriously the preview, yeah FOX should of sued for that even down to the use of Placebo’s Running Up That Hill…lol

shaibitch says: