It’s the Friday before a three day weekend which means my office is pretty much empty and I’m bored out of my mind. I’d love to take off early and go to a matinee showing of Pirates of the Caribbean. I won’t, of course, but I’m *really* tempted.
Anyway, it’s a lazy day which means I’ll be listing it today:
- Now y’all konw I don’t watch Smallville but I have been playing the five-part online game called “Smallville Legends: Justice & Doom.” It’s pretty fun, if I do say so myself. And, hey, I could use the brand-new Toyota Yaris I registered to win.
- Random soap driveby… Chandra Wilson (Bailey from GA) will be hosting SOAPnet’s live Daytime Emmy red carpet special on June 15th from 7-9PM. Is it weird that I really don’t watch soaps anymore but am still addicted to the Daytime Emmies?
- And while I’m being a girl… WE sent me a press release going over their June highlights (I’ll post the full release next week) and got irrationally excited to see that Katie & Allie will be airing weekday evenings! I used to be addicted to their 5-7 lineup, back when Two Guys and A Girl was airing in that slot. It was the perfect afternoon filler for me. And, lemme tell ya, I love me some Katie & Allie. I’m excited. The airings start June 4th and will be shown weeknights at 5/4c on WE.
- Have you checked out CLARK AND MICHAEL yet? It’s a CBS Interactive original web series featuring Michael Cera (AD) and Clarke Duke. It follows two best friends who think they have what it takes to create a hit TV show. I don’t know what it is about Michael Cera but the expressions on his face alone have the power to make me laugh. Anyway, the first episode is up now and it has some pretty amusing moments. It’s the perfect way to wile away your Friday afternoon.
- Dead Things ON Sticks from Denis McGrath is my new favorite blog. I got linked there from another blog when he was posting his, widely unpopular among fandom, thoughts about fanfic. I’ve stuck around because he’s always got interesting things to say and makes me laugh. So now I’m passing along the link to you guys. For those who prefer to have all of your favorite blogs consolidated in one place (like me), here’s the LJ feed for his blog: heywriterboy
I like to link you places but I also like to hear about the great sites that I’m missing. Do you have a site or blog that you love? Tell me about it!
And, on that note, I’m off to try and figure out an appropriate cake for a 13 year old boy having a bowling party. This is the one I’m thinking about right now. It’s easy enough but kinda boring. Or maybe I’ll just do a sheet cake with a bowling lane on it. That’d be easy and fun because I get to search for edible items (usually candy) that will serve as bowling pins and bowling balls…. I think I’m a 7 year old trapped in a 30 year old’s body.