Chapter 23

*FLAILS*

“Call me Noah.”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking Nathan FTW.

I knew Sylar took that damn cockroach’s ability to survive pretty much anything!

How awesome was that chapter opening?

I repeat… *FLAILS*

PS: Sylar killed Claude didn’t he? (Did we already know this and I wasn’t paying attention? How else did he do the invisible thing?)

PPS: So was Jessica just a personality Niki created to help herself deal with her power?

PPPS: ***FLAILS!!!***

19 Responses to “Chapter 23”

silentsiren47 says:

EEEEEEEE!

I’m flailing all over the place OMG.

Me too!! That was awesome!

manticoran says:

I refuse to believe this until we have proof. Claude was too important a character to be killed off-screen. I think Sylar’s just using one of his many powers… the telekinesis, or something, to aid him in disappearing quickly.

Claude (among others) had better not be dead, show.

But that was flipping awesome, wasn’t it? How long is it until the next season? *taps foot impatiently*

Well I was thinking some kind of camo power so I agree, Claude better not be dead.

And WAY TOO LONG!

maka2000 says:

I loved it too!

This didn’t occur to me. How would he absorb the roach’s power though? Doesn’t he eat the people’s brains and that allows him to take on their power. But eating a roach wouldn’t make me indestructable, would it? I love the theory, but ‘splain please? I’m slow. Heh.

But Claire was awesome this episode. And I don’t know if Sylar is invisible, or if we were just to assume that he crawled away before we got to see him again. Hmm.

So good!

shaibitch says:

The Nikki/Jessica thing would make sense. It would make her more powerful but not just a dual personality.

I really liked the finale, I’ve noticed a lot of displeasure with it but I really liked it.

I don’t really know how the cockroach thing would work but when he was caught by The Company we saw a cockroach crawling by him right before he came back to life (when HRG thought he was dead). That was when I wondered if he got the power from the cockroach. I need to rewatch that episode before I can expound. :)

Oh, I was talking about when Sylar was “hiding in plain sight” and he suddenly appeared behind HRG. He can use his telekinesis to move himself, though, so it’s possible that he just moved himself fast enough. I noticed it in the last episode, though, so I wonder if he had some kind of blending power.

I agree about Niki/Jessica. It’s the only way to explain why Jessica wasn’t there the last time she looked in the mirror.

Really? There’s displeasure? I think they waited until the very last second for the action but I still liked how they did it.

shaibitch says:

Yeah pretty much everyone I’ve seen so far is calling the finale a copout. I thought the opposite!

invadersteven says:

He’s not invisible. That blood trail to the sewer grate was a pretty strong indication that he just dragged himself away while nobody was looking… everyone was looking up, at the Petersplosion.

athenacqd says:

The finale for me was….well, confusing.

Why didn’t Peter fly away himself?

Why didn’t Peter stop time himself?

Can Peter only use one power at a time? Why was this not explained during all his training?

Why didn’t they just shoot him and take the bullet out later? Alternatively, why didn’t they just stick a piece of glass in his head and take it out later?

Why didn’t Sylar stop Hiro? He saw him. He had plenty of time. He just let himself get stabbed.

Why did we have a buildup all season with little teases between the great super heroes and end up with a fight that involved little more than fists? I wanted to see Peter absorb Sylar’s powers and shove them back!

Peter can’t die in the great explosion, right, so he’s got to be alive somewhere. That was the whole point of Five Years Gone, right? Sylar was painted as the bomb guy when it was really Peter, who didn’t die as a result of the indestructable gene so…why would he die this time? He wouldn’t, right? Which again raises the question: if we are supposed to believe he can blow up and not die, why not just shoot him in the head, and put him back together later?

It seems from that list that I hated the finale. I didn’t. I liked it. I’m just….so confused by the ending. It’s not remotely what I expected.

spectralbovine says:

Huh? Sylar didn’t do any invisible thing.

And, yeah, Jessica was just a personality.

spectralbovine says:

Er, pretty much everything you said with the questions. It should have been so much awesomer.

And, same with me. I didn’t hate it, but…yeah.

cdn_tvaddict says:

I don’t think that Sylar leaving the scene had anything to do with Claude or the cockroach. First, I don’t really think the cockroach has an ‘ability’ for him to take, and second I don’t think he killed Claude. But, either way it was clear that he went down the ladder into the sewers, so I thnk he just crawled off while everyone was focusing on Peter & Nathan and the explosion.

And, yeah… I get the imprssion that Jessica was excatly that.

maka2000 says:

Ooo, roach power of some sort. Good catch on the roach by him when he was in prison. Hmmmm. It’s be kind of cool to find out he does have some sort of connection with roaches, even if I HATE ROACHES ick ick ick!

And yeah, I’m thinking he probably can just move himself really fast to and fro – hence the hiding in plane sight thing. Though, Claude not showing up does seem suspect. I don’t think Sylar would be able to find Claude though, since he apparently lives his life totally invisible. Hmm again.

I need to clarify what I was talking about. I was talking about earlier when Peter makes the comment about him hiding in plain sight and suddenly he just appears behind HRG. I know he can use his telekinesis to move himself around but I didn’t quite get how none of them could see him right before that moment.

maka2000 says:

That’s what I figured, I don’t think Sylar would be able to find Claude anyway, since he lives his life in complete invisability, right? And I’m thinking Claude has some payback for Noah coming at some point.

And HA, Petersplosion.

maka2000 says:

And I’m on cold meds today. Pardon all the weird typos. “plane sight”? Oy.

xasterisk says:

You bring up very good points, and I wondered about most of them myself while watching the finale.

Also, to add to your list, since Peter now carries the radioactive gene, would he be a constant threat? It seems like until he learns to control it, he could blow up multiple times throughout his life.