If I were in town, I’d ask for your number.

Ok, that’s a lame quote to use for my subject line but it’s the best I’ve got at the moment. Man, the last week has been crazy. So much to do, so little time. But this post isn’t about that, it’s about TV because I’ve finally gotten around to watching some…

The Amazing Race
It’s wrong of me I know but I was so pleased when the people in Poland were completely ignoring Charla and Mirna. And, ya know, I’d agree with them that Polish people are just unfriendly if all of the other teams had had the same problem. Instead, it definitely seemed like it was their manner that caused the problem. I really wanted that taxi driver to walk away and leave them sitting there because she’s was being so rude and bitchy and WHINEY to him. Mirna and her sense of entitlement drive me batty. I’m so ready for these two to be gone. At least they reaffirmed my belief that they are sucky racers. In fact I think it’s just a matter of time now before both they and Eric/Danielle are gone.

The Auschwitz moment was appropriately quiet and touching. I didn’t quite get why the producers decided to include it but I’m glad the teams acted appropriately instead of being in a rush to move on to the next task. It was a little creepy that they were there at night. I’ve been by Auschwitz during the day and it’s creepy, I can’t imagine being there at night.

I wonder if the producers wished they could take back the FF? They finally had most of the teams caught up with each other and, once again, you have two teams who have a good lead. At least it’s no longer a full day in between teams because it was a little weird to have the next leg starting before the others had even arrived. Man, travel on this season has been a nightmare.

Ummm, what else? I liked that Dustin/Kandice overcame their problems with Charla/Mirna for the INTERSECTION. That said, I think they would have been better off with either of the two other teams and I’m not just saying t hat because it would have put Charla/Mirna closer to eliimination. Of course, it was a little stupid of Dustin/Kandice not to listen to Mirna. If you know you will have a problem eating something, then it’s smarter to go for the other task.

The very last task was kind of lame. I was expecting more from the previews. And who in their right mind has Charla do the task?! Especially when it’s a race to the pit stop? That was the stupidest thing ever. I really can’t stand those two and I have a bad feeling that the next time they come in last it’ll be a non-elimination leg just because I want them gone so badly.

Prison Break
That ending? CREEPY. Now I’m going to worry all summer about what’s happening to Michael in SONA. I could have done without that last shot of Bellick for that very reason. GAH. I’ve seen people assume that Sucre is dead but I didn’t think we could know that for sure. Maybe it’s just that this show has never shied away from showing us a death when they want it to be final so I felt like Sucre’s moment at the end was too ambiguous to definitely mean he was gone. So, unless those assumptions are based on knowing casting information, I’m going to wait and see if he’s around next season before saying my goodbyes.

I’m so bummed that T-Bag is still alive. Dammit! I’m sick of him and I really wanted him to be the (or one of the) death in this episode. Instead they killed Mr. Kim who I liked! Curse you, PB, curse you. On the other hand, I love that Michael and Mahone are in the same prison. I dig the idea of these two working together to escape. I just need them to get on that quickly because I don’t like having to worry about what someone might to do Michael in there just to prove a point. Eeek!

Sara! You came! And you told hiim that you love him. Aww. You know, in some ways, I wish FOX had let the show end here because I liked the ending we were going to get originally. I think we all knew that it didn’t matter what Sara’s lawyer thought, Michael and Linc were never really goign to be free to go home. And, yet, there was hope for them again and I would have been so happy leaving them there. I’m really not into the prison thing and I know people have wanted the show to get back to prison but I personally enjoyed them on the run so much more. So, I just hope I don’t lose interest again now that we’re back to the show’s roots.

Top Design (last week)
Ugh. I hate it when my favorites go!! Now who am I going to root for? I guess I’m stuck rooting again Carisa. I was never more sad to see someone get into the final three. And, wow, that’s hateful of me but I find the way everything is always someone else’s fault. The woman can’t take the blame for anything that goes wrong. It doesn’t help that I didn’t particularly like her design this week. Although, Andrea’s wasn’t too hot either. In the end, though, Andrea’s won enough that she deserved a little leeway. She and Goyle just got the hardest elements and Goyle didn’t even really finish his room so I knew he was the one who was going.

Oh. That damn finger cutting incident. Showing the blood on the saw freaked me out. If you’ve been with me for awhile, you know I had a finger slicing incident a few New Year’s Eves ago. I was having sympathy pains for the carpenter and my cut was no where as serious as his!! My imagination is way too vivid when it comes to that stuff. I was happy to see that he was ok and back at work pretty quickly. I did think it was a bit unfair that M didn’t get a new carpenter. It was a weird position to be put in… not that it mattered in the end. He still won! I must say, though, his room was very pretty. It was a bit too white for me… I mean, there’s a reason neutral and dark colors are used in them! Still, it was definitely luxurious, something I felt all of the others failed to capture, and inviting.

Now I get to go home tonight and find out who got the axe this week!

Boston Legal
So, I don’t have much to say about this week’s episode. I thought it was good even while I kept thinking the flashbacks were handled weirdly. In a way, they kept making me wonder if we were actually seeing clips from an old TV show where Denny wasn’t the star. It was odd. Naturally – and tell me you didn’t see this coming – I loved the scene on the roof. I’m so glad that Denny came clean to Alan about his dad and that Alan didn’t make a big deal about it. I really do adore these two. I could care less about the first 40 minutes of the episode as long as I get some good roof action at the end.

Jericho (this week and last)
Uh, yeah, I can’t even remember what happened when! Jericho remains one of those shows that I can’t remember why I like it until I’m watching it each week. The death they kept ramping us up for was a bit of a let down. Does anyone care about April besides the characters? I felt for them in that scene but y’all know I cry at the drop of the hat and no tears were shed for April. Instead I waited until the guys were heading out of town to cry… maybe this show just isn’t doing a great job of giving everyone on the cast enough exposure?

The riot in the church was scary. Can you imagine? I guess that’s the point. I just can’t imagine it. It is scary to think you’d have to turn people away but else do you do? You want to help everyone but it’s just not possible. I felt for what’s his face in that situation. I haven’t liked him much but he really is trying to do the best thing for the town. I did love that the kids found the tank. I expected a little more of a reaction from the people in town but I suppose they couldn’t have everyone rebeling all at once. How convenient that Emily is all alone again… why can’t I have my teacher back?! I don’t want Jake with Emily!

Umm, what else? There was a lot more but those are the things that are sticking out right now. It looks like we’ll finally get some answers next week! It’s about time. I want to know more about the bombs now.

Lost (this week and last)
OK. How fucking awesome was last week’s episode? I don’t have the time to go back and get caught up but I missed all of the discussion about it being out of touch on Thursday. Of course, I did get to discuss it with Dan so that kind of makes up for it. Since we both had the same “HOLY SHIT” reaction. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THEY BUIRED THEM ALIVE!!! That’s my worst nightmare right there. Plus, all the meta in the episode was hilarious.

Then this week… I loved. I dunno, I just like Kate and Juliet and I liked them together. I’m not sure how much to trust Juliet at this moment – especially since it seems weird that she would have had time to realize the Others were gassing her, wait for them to clear out, get to Kate and get Kate out to the woods, handcuff her, and pretend to pass out all before Kate came to… eh, it’s a little fishy. So, yeah, I’m not totally on board with the idea that Juliet isn’t in on what happened. Here’s my real question, though, why the hell wouldn’t you want to stay in the houses? I mean, they should definitely go back to the beach and get the rest of the people but I’d be planning to come right back. Especially now that Kate knows the Black Smoke monster doesn’t like the borders the Others built.

And, well, I watched off and on last year so I don’t always catch the interwoven backstories these days but I caught them all this time and I dig that stuff. I like that everyone on the island has a connection to someone else and it’s always something we wouldn’t expect even if it makes perfect sense. I liked how Kate’s story this week connected to Sawyer’s… in ways that would completely change their relationship if she knew and, you know, wouldn’t be that hard to figure out if she knew just a few more pieces of info.

Then there was Jack defending Juliet. I don’t know if he’s right to do it yet but I liked it. I’m kind of over Jack and Kate but I can’t deny that they’ve got a connection that shouldn’t just disappear because I’m ready for Jack to move on to Juliet and I prefer Kate with Sawyer. I’m a little unsure of what Jack actually feels for Kate… or, well, anyone at this point but I hope that we’re going to get more of that now that he’ll be back with the group. I’m actually excited for next week!!

Survivor
Praise the Lord! I actually enjoyed this episode more. I don’t know if that’s just because it meant no more Rocky or because I was able to fast forward through all the stupid tribe stuff and just watch the competitions. I’ve already said so but I’m pretty down on the show this season. Still, maybe it’ll get more interesting now that the person was driving me crazy is gone.

On my schedule for tonight: Survivor and The Office*

* Scheduling Note: Tonight’s episode of The Office is super-sized. Be sure to set your recording devices accordingly.

20 Responses to “If I were in town, I’d ask for your number.”

schnappycat says:

Wow, it never even crossed my mind that Sucre was dead. I didn’t see it at all like that. It wasn’t final at all to me.

Oh good! I think I saw three different people say it and I couldn’t understand why. I mean, he touched his chest and there was blood on his hand but I figured he had just passed out from lack of blood.

schnappycat says:

Yeah, exactly. He just passed out and we won’t know the fate of Maricruz (is that her name?) until next season when he has to find Bellick to find her. That was what I thought. I think he’ll play into whatever will be happening with Michael and Bellick.

eolivet says:

I think sometimes the racers can become so involved in the race that they can look at the countries they visit in terms of “taxi, taxi!” and “task, task!” This gives them a little bit of much-needed perspective. The show did something similar in TAR6 (?) with the monument to the slaves. I think it reminds the racers of the world outside of the race…if that makes any sense. :/

Oh, wow — it wasn’t just me who thought he was dead? Whew. ;) I don’t know…I thought the “fade to black” seemed definitive. I almost hope it is because I do not need to see more of The Search for Maricruz next year. :/

(Do you think Kellerman’s dead? Independent of the GA spinoff, that is? :)

Wow…Fox was really thinking about pulling the plug after two seasons? I was going to say — in a lot of ways, it felt like a series finale, but I knew it was doing OK ratings-wise, and I didn’t see Fox letting go of one of their only non-Idol hits. ;p

As for “Lost,” I don’t trust Juliet AT ALL, and I’m hoping Jack’s newfound faith in her doesn’t come back to bite him in the ass (like it did for, y’know, Henry Gale :/ )

cara_leigh9 says:

Hi Rae *hugs*

How hilarious was the sausage eating task, I ask you? I’ve never laughed so hard at someone puking than I did at Charla and Dustin (or was it Kandace? I can’t tell them apart). The last challenge was lame; I’m scared of horses and I could have completed that faster than any of them did. Charla and Mirna HAVE to go.

Wasn’t last week’s Lost the shit? I was still freaking out over it the next day. Paulo and Nikki sure got their stinkin’ diamonds didn’t they; and in a total Hitchcockian way. Yowsa!

So this week’s. I don’t trust Juliet, but maybe I’ll come around in the next few weeks. I hope Jack exercises some caution with her, especially after seeing how mind-tricky Ben can be. I do hope we get some answers from her next week.

spectralbovine says:

Now I’m going to worry all summer about what’s happening to Michael in SONA.
    PRISON FIGHT CLUB.

On the other hand, I love that Michael and Mahone are in the same prison.
    People keep saying this, and I don’t see it. The prison Mahone was in looked NOTHING like Sona. It looked like a regular place.

What ending?

spectralbovine says:

Yeah, me neither. I thought he just passed out. Why would he just be dead? They would make it more obvious if he were.

schnappycat says:

Yeah, I think the real drama in that scene was supposed to be the fact that because he passed out, Bellick got away, and Maricruz won’t be found. That is what I got out of it. It sets up a next season storyline.

spectralbovine says:

Yeah, we’re the smart ones here!

harper47 says:

Yes, I don’t think Charla and Mirna can blame any of their problems on the Polish people. They are just batshit crazy and the fine, discerning minds of the Polish people recognized that right away. Go away crazy ladies.

I was so sad for the Guidos but honestly, once they had a fast forward with the Intersection, there was simply no way they could make up the 30 minute penalty. Either way they exited with class and humor and I love all their exit interviews.

And yes, I wish the BQ’s could have teamed up with the Guidos. Bill and Joe mentioned that they thought Eric was eating his sausage slowly on purpose and I wouldn’t put it past his swarmy butt.

I adored last week’s Lost episode. Probably my favorite one of the year. So delicous. I didn’t like this one as much but then I’m not a Jack or Kate fan. I do like Juliet so there were moments, but otherwise, not so much.

As for April’s death – meh. This week I was hoping that Emily would get shot in the crossfire. I loathe her. Best part of Jericho the last two weeks, besides Super Skeet is the Stanley, Mimi and Bonnie show. I loved the I loves yous.

cdn_tvaddict says:

Lost

So, after Locke’s very specific comment to Paulo “Nothing stays buried on this island.” I really don’t think we’ve seen the last of Niki & Paulo.

This week – Besides having the keys to the handcuffs, Juliet also knew that the fence was deactivated. So if she really wasn’t in on what was going on, how could she know that? I think she’s evil and up to no good. But, I love her character, so I’m happy to see she’s going to be more involved.

This gives them a little bit of much-needed perspective.

Well, that is true. I remember the monument to the slaves… it was the season that Uchenna/Joyce were on because it was something that really affected Uchenna. I don’t mind it so much except that I sometimes feel like it’s done to purposely make TAR look like the reality show with heart. Maybe it just felt like that this time because the stop at Auschwitz served no purpose except to give the racers perspective. At least with the slave monument, they had a reason for being there. Although, when they were first reading the clue and found out they had to go to Auschwitz, I was afraid of what the producers had come up with because there’s nothing that would have been appropriate to do there race-wise. So, I was glad that it was just a moment to remember what happened.

I don’t know…I thought the “fade to black” seemed definitive.

No, I saw at least two other people say the same thing and that’s why I was a little surprised. I really felt like the fade to black was just to indicate that he’d passed out. I don’t know that I believe Bellick actually buried Maricruz so I feel like there’s more they can do on that story. Plus, Sucre finding Bellick and Bellick being in the same place as Michael means that Sucre would eventually end up at SONA. Basically I just think they have more they could do with him so I didn’t accept that he had died in that moment.

Do you think Kellerman’s dead?

I do… but we didn’t get to see the body so I think they gave themselves some room to work with there. If the GA spinoff doesn’t take (as if!) or they can get him as a guest, I wouldn’t be shocked if he showed up again.

Wow…Fox was really thinking about pulling the plug after two seasons?

The story with Paul Scheuring, the creator, I read said that the show was originally pitched as a two year show but it took off so FOX decided to hold on to it and extend it out. In the same interview/article, Scheuring said that he was still giving us the ending that they originally had planned for season 2 but obviously also setting up for the next season. I think, had this really been the end, we would have ended on that dock before Sara killed Mr. Kim.

Heh. Well, I hope that Jack isn’t blinding trusting her… I do hope he’s gotten smarter than that. However, I still think she’s working towards her own goals… not the Others’ goals.

Hey you. *hugs back* I’ve been so crazy busy this week that I haven’t commented on your recent posts but I have been reading!

OMG. I was laughing at them the whole time. I can’t believe Charla finally broke down and made herself throw up just so she could eat more. I actually thought doing that was against the rules. Like, if you throw up before you eat it all that it doesn’t count? But maybe it’s just that every year people don’t want to throw up because they know they won’t be able to eat the rest?

I know! I loved it. I totally didn’t care about those two but I LOVED that episode.

Well, I don’t trust Juliet either but I do think she’s working on her own agenda and I do think Jack would be stupid to have blind trust in her. Still, keeping her close is better than completely rejecting her.

PRISON FIGHT CLUB.

That I could deal with… I’m worried about other things.

People keep saying this, and I don’t see it.

But are you talking about the place he called his wife from or the place he arrived at in the end? It looked to me like he and Michael arrived at SONA at the same time. I guess they could have been doing a split screen thing but it looked they were actually arriving one after the other and exchanged a look as they saw each other get out of their respective vans. I think I may need to rewatch that part.

What ending?

I read an article/interview with Paul Scheuring in which he said that PB was originally pitched as a two year show and that he was still ending the way he had originally intended but, now that FOX had decided to hold on to it and extend it, he had obviously added a setup for S3. So, I think, if this had been the original ending, we would have ended on the dock with Sara, Michael, and Linc before Mr. Kim appeared.

Heh. So true!

I need to go watch the exit interviews. I can’t say I loved them much this season but I think I may be tainted by the fact that I didn’t love them much their original season. I think they may have still been there had they teamed with the BQ’s.

Awww, poor Emily! I don’t have a problem with her except that I don’t really want her with Jake and I’m afraid we’re headed back there. I actually think there are enough couples/romances on the show right now that I’m fine with them not adding more.

I really don’t think we’ve seen the last of Niki & Paulo.

But do you think they’ll show up ALIVE? Deidra just said the same thing to me… that they’d probably dig themselves out or something but I still think they’d have been smothered by the sand pretty quickly. It would be fun to see them in some form though.

But… I got the impression that she was telling Kate that she was the one who actually handcuffed them together and brought them out to the trees. In that case, she would know the fence was deactiviated because she was the one who last went through it. Still, as I said, that’s a lot of coordinating while Kate was still passed out so I just don’t know if I believe it.

I don’t think she’s evil but I do think she’s got her own agenda so I don’t think Jack should be blindly trusting her. I’m hopeful that he isn’t but that he has figured out that Juliet’s got her own motives so she might be smart to keep close rather than far.

spectralbovine says:

Oooooooh, I totally missed that! They ARE at Sona together! OMG! That’s going to be so awesome!

Aaaaah, yeah. That sounds about right. They would have sailed off into the sunset. Happy ending!

eolivet says:

True, although I’m not nearly as skeptical of it as I am of the “tribal rituals” they do on “Survivor.” At its best, TAR is about being able to adapt to a number of situations, and getting along in foreign countries. I feel like it…at least has a “noble purpose,” unlike “Survivor.” And if they were near Auschwitz, the fact that they gave these teams a chance to see it and think about it, is important.

The more cynical side of me says it was done to make sure no team had a half-day lead, and there was some bunching on that leg of the race. :/

True…I guess I felt like next season was a great way to introduce new characters. Like, it was stretching disbelief that all these eight convicts would’ve stayed near each other/in touch enough this year, but next year? Then again, I guess I don’t watch PB for realism. ;p

And like I said, I don’t care about The Search for Maricruz. If that’s one of the plots next year…yawn. :x

Oh, how cool!!! I’ve seen so little of PB in the media (except Wentworth Miller :) — that’s really awesome. :D Nice to know I wasn’t imagining stuff when I thought it played like a series finale for a while. ;)

(P.S. Do you get Emmy magazine? There’s a HUGE color spread of the “Heroes” cast on the cover, and an article inside. :)

cdn_tvaddict says:

What if Vincent (who clearly knew they were alive, and was actually the one who tipped me off to that fact) dug them up? That’s a pretty dog like thing to do.

Right. OK, that makes sense about the fence. Thanks. :)

You know what doesn’t make sense about the fence? Why the black smoke monster couldn’t just go over it like Kate and the rest of them did.

cara_leigh9 says:

I was wondering if throwing up was against the rules too. Honestly, one bite of that sausage would have made me arf all over the place. I would not choose an eating task over something else.

N&P were my least favorite losties (mainly because they just kind of threw them on us, but maybe this was the writer’s plan all along?) and I loved how they got rid of them. Just so creepy!

Maybe Jack is doing that: keeping his friends close and enemies closer. That would make sense to me. Juliet definitely does have a plan all of her own; wonder what it is? I’m all a excited about Jack being back with everyone else and hearing what Juliet has to say to Sayid.

*hugs you again cuz I can*