Decisions.

I’m the worst person in the world at making decisions. Especially when it’s a war between what my gut is telling me to do and what my more cautious head is telling me to do. Grrrrrrr. ETA: I started this post ages ago and, in the meantime, I went with my gut. Eeep!

Does anyone out there know how to call/display an HTML page within a Flash movie? I don’t want to layer it over the Flash using DHTML or anything like that. I want the Flash movie to call the page in and display it. Almost like an iFrame inside the SWF. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

While on a quest with M this weekend, I heard a commercial for a contest at Kohl’s. If you have AIM, I’m pretty sure there’s an ad for it there as well. One Tree Hill fans may want to check out the Kohl’s specific sweepstakes contest. It involves making a video but doesn’t look like it has to be too fancy/professional. The grand prize winner gets to choose between a 3-day film production internship at the production offices of OTH or a 1-day visit to a shooting set of OTH. But the part of the commercial I really cared about mentioned winning a trip to attend the CW Launch Party. SWEET! You can enter that sweepstakes at shockwave.com.

I have been addicted to BB7 all weekend. The entire time I was home during the weekend, I had the feeds on in the background so I could hear what was happening. And I even checked to see who had won veto while at M’s on Saturday. Finally, some action in the house that I am interested in watching. Next week should be interesting too but I’m betting it’ll get boring again for a while once these two “twist” weeks are over (this week wasn’t a “twist” but there were factors that made it less predictable).

And, that wasn’t all I had to say but I need to go put gas in my car if I don’t want to walk home today so I should get moving… the roads shall suck if I wait any longer.

ETA: Spoilers for weekend activities of BB7 in the comments.

15 Responses to “Decisions.”

southernbangel says:

Who won veto? I don’t know if I’ll get a chance to watch tomorrow night as I’ll be finishing up moving preparations.

I’ve been disappointed with this season but maybe it will pick up. One can hope….

eolivet says:

I know it’s not good to think the show is boring when your favorite alliance isn’t in power, but…I was actually glad I missed Sunday’s ep — just because I knew Danielle and James would be insufferable as HoH. :/

I just liked seeing S6 operate. They weren’t so…nasty. I’m hoping they (or someone who won’t nominate two more of them) can get back into power on Thurs.

Janelle won POV. They had the ceremony today and she used it and Danielle put up Kaysar. Not sure yet which of the two will go… right now I’d say Kaysar but I think there’s time for people to work behind the scenes and flip the vote around on Dani and James.

I was disappointed for a while too but this week has really picked up. The change of power actually helped liven things up plus they’ve had some interesting aspects as part of the POV (danielle being stuck in 24 hour solitary, janie putting the non-veto players on slop as well as making the entire house sleep on cots and give up hot water for the week). Then next week they have the twist with the Coup thing so it’s been lively for a bit… not sure if that’ll continue but it has gotten me more interested in the game.

G’luck with the moving, m’dear! I meant to post that the other day and completely forgot. :)

schnappycat says:

Did you see I posted my chick lit recs for you? Just want to make sure you see them.

Haha, well I will tell you that most of Sunday’s episode was about the HOH comp. We didn’t even really see Danielle in power until the last twenty minutes or so and then it was just people talking to her.

It did clear up for me why Kaysar, Janie, and Howie suddenly think James isn’t with Dani. They fell for the illusion that they couldn’t be in an alliance if Danielle would put him up. I wish they’d open their eyes a bit but it’s easy to say that when you’re sitting at home watching it.

Keep the hope alive for S6, I’m sure they’ll get power next week… if not with the HOH, with the new twist being introduced. They aren’t completely out of this yet.

I hadn’t but I just got home and haven’t checked my f-list yet. Thanks! :) I’ll check ‘em out right now. I did get a couple of the ones you recommended already for the cruise. I think I have way too many books for one weekend but now I have them for after as well… you know, if I don’t break down and start reading some during the week too.

schnappycat says:

Sure! I hope you like them ok. I always feel bad when I rec stuff and people hate it. :)

Aww, thanks. I know the feeling but, if it helps, the two I found at the store both sounded great and are the first two I want to start with.

porpentine says:

Re: loading HTML into Flash -> http://www.oman3d.com/tutorials/flash/loadvars_bc/

Thanks :) – I was actually on that site earlier in the day. My problem with doing it that way is that only limited HTML will work. I need to see how bad the pages look if I don’t change anything but I’m suspecting not everything will display right. Grrr. The sad thing is, I could swear I’ve done this in an older version of flash but maybe I really was just feeding in text files and using select HTML tags for design purposes.

porpentine says:

Yeah, I noticed that bit after I read a bit closer. I saw another thread that has a list of supported tags:

Notably, it includes tags and the ability to load style sheets as well. Hopefully between the two, you can have it not look -absolutely- horrible?

Oh, that’s handy. Thanks.

Well, the issue isn’t so much having it not look absolutely horrible. It’s that it’s a demo/presentation. I wanted to see if I could just link in the HTML pages so that the client could theoretically demo the concept while also presenting on it. In that regard, it needs to look identical to how they will be seeing it when he runs the actual demo on a PDA. If I can’t pull in the pages as they are, I’m probably just going to have to use screen caps.

Not a big deal… unless he wants to “fake” the interactivity (which he will) and then I will have to make a bunch of mini swfs with screen caps and fake what they can do on the demo. Not hard, per se, just time consuming and a pain in my rear. Hence wanting to see if there were any way to AVOID that. ;)

porpentine says:

Aaaah, gotcha. Right. Here are my fingers, firmly crossed that it’ll worth without it having to be a time-consuming pain in your rear :)

porpentine says:

Work, that is. ;b

sinca says:

Always go with your gut! I hope it worked out for you.

Your icon is pretty!