The fl-fla-flames on the side of my face…

Excuse me while I get my rant on very briefly.

If you’re posting a spoiler… DO NOT POST WHAT THE SPOILER DIRECTLY REFERS TO IN THE FUCKING SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR POST!!!!!!!!! OMG. I hate that shit. I’ve been so good at avoiding the spoilers. I managed to resist the temptation to look at this very spoiler on every one of my friend list posts about it until I was basically told what it was in a subject line. And now I’m just annoyed.

October 3rd is too far away to avoid these things. GRRRRRR.

18 Responses to “The fl-fla-flames on the side of my face…”

roniabirk says:

The crossover thing? I just covered my eyes and replied to it to say the exact thing. Duh!!

roniabirk says:

Yeah… um, then they edited bitching at people for bitching. It’s not behind a cut if it’s in the subject!

*delete*

Hate me if you want.

Wow.

spectralbovine says:

Yeah, got accidentally spoiled for that one too, but not because of the subject line. That’s just ass-y.

fickledame says:

I wish spoiler posts were banned. While I’ve never been one (during VM) for wanting to know full details, I really, really am trying now. Other than casting spoilers. I’m fine with not going to spoilerfix, or the sides website, or searching them out, but seeing posts on Lj makes it SO hard. Obviously this isn’t a fair request, because plenty DO like them. But yeah, in my ideal world. :)

schnappycat says:

I’m so sorry. I swear I thought it had cut and I went back like 30 seconds later. You were just too fast. I feel bad now.

spectralbovine says:

It’s okay; it wasn’t earth-shattering news or anything. Cuts get messed up sometimes; I understand.

Aww, and see that’s exactly why I ranted here and didn’t bother to ask them to fix the subject (plus you had already asked). I knew it would just end up with the person making snide remarks about having to change the subject because even the “hint” of information was too much for some people.

Grrr.

I understand exactly what you mean. It’s very hard to resist them when it’s right there… just a click away. That’s why it was hard for me to resist this one because the subject already gave away so much information that I’d just have spent all my time speculating anyway.

The ass-iest.

Eeep. I’ve done that before. Although mine was worse because it was about an episode that had just aired. Made my heart stop, worrying if anyone had accidently seen it. *hugs you with sympathy for broken cut tags*

spectralbovine says:

What did the subject say? I’m curious now as to how ass-y this was. E-mail me if you don’t want your comments to be spoilery.

spectralbovine says:

Or, hee, you can go bitch in Laura’s post! It’s safe for you now anyway.

roniabirk says:

It’s kinda funny, though, because my first reaction was “Oh man, this is someone who is kinda active in neptune video, drat.” :-p

Oh well.

Done!

Aww but, see, that should have been a reason for that person to pause before bitching about you asking for it to be fixed. I know I’d be more, “Oh, that’s a mod at one of the communities I’m active in, I probably shouldn’t bitch at her.”

athenacqd says:

1. I love you for that Clue quote. Sigh.

2. So much word. I’m so pissed about getting spoiled for this. Grrrrrrrrrr and people not feeling bad about spoiling is what makes it sucky. Argh.

1. Clue is one of the most quotable movies ever. But I love you for recognizing it because I used it on my friends this weekend and they just kind of looked at me like I was crazy cuckoo.

2. You know what’s funny? I’m more pissed about being spoiled than I am about the actual spoiler. And, yeah, people who feel like we’re just being extra sensitive are what make the flames on my face. I respect their right to have spoilers by not expecting communities to not allow them but they can’t respect anyone else’s right to ask that they at least be put behind a cut so we’re given a choice in the matter.

cara_leigh9 says: