Can you pass the OJ?

Turkey Sloppy Joes on Wheat Buns = YUM! x 5

I finally emailed my boss my request for time off yesterday. It sounds like such a simple thing and yet it’s a huge accomplishment for me. It’s been two and a half years since I’ve asked for a vacation longer than a few days tacked on to a long weekend. So, yeah, kinda proud of myself for doing it. Plus, not only did I ask for two weeks off in July, I asked for days in August and a week in September. Look at me go.

In related news, I’ve booked my room at the Balboa Park Inn. Yay! I can’t wait. The next month needs to FLY by!

I don’t know how the FL DOT officers do it. Half a day at the weigh station and I’ve had a headache ever since. That’s what happens when you spend all day in an office… go outside and you overdose on sunshine. I can’t remember if I’ve said this before or not but, FL folks, those DOT officers you see on the road? They can and will stop/pull you over if you’re speeding. And, while they are actually some of the nicest guys out there, they can be quite intimidating.

There was a new guy helping to inspect trucks and riding along with one of the officers. He’s not officially on board yet but only because he’s waiting for June training. He just recently retired from a California Sheriff’s Office. And, just in case you were thinking I haven’t been exhibiting signs of my VM obsessiveness lately… do you know how badly I wanted to ask him if he’d ever met Sheriff Lamb?

I haven’t officially done a TV roundup for this week. I’m still not ready to talk about Everwood much. I’ll just reiterate that I loved it and I hope other showrunners were paying attention because that’s how a finale should be done.

The Apprentice finale was the same night. I’m very glad that Sean won but the editing totally made it obvious. I guess that’s because Sean really didn’t have as many problems as Lee but we still could have seen more of his task. What I found amusing was Trump’s surprise that the viewer polls so heavily favored Sean over Lee. Does the dude even watch his own show? Although, maybe there was a lot of editing influence because Carolyn doesn’t usually pull her punches and she was still praising Lee at the end even though her pick was Sean. Still, even editing can’t change the people Lee picked to be on his team and the horrible way he ran things. I had to mute the episode several times because I couldn’t listen to the reaction from the celebrities and the sponsors of the event. So, yeah, Sean was definitely the right choice. He may be my favorite Apprentice so far. Oh. Ha. I also forgot how amusing I found it that Trump backpedaled to tell Pepi that he did remember him. Whatever, Trump. You *so* did not remember the guy. You can’t take that shit back.

Anyone watching Windfall tonight? I’m taping it due to the headache mentioned above but the TV Guide I bought tonight had terrible things to say about it. Not that I completely trust TV Guide but I’m enjoying my TV break and not sure I’m ready to give it up for something that’s getting panned by everyone. ‘Course you know me, I’m going to be jonesing for a TV fix soon. Hence the taping tonight. Plus, Luke Perry.

Here are the rest of the summer shows I’ll be watching or checking out:

Treasure Hunters, NBC @ 8PM. Starts 6/18 – I’m not sure about this one yet but it seems like it might be an interesting spin on the TAR concept. Plus, I’m a sucker for puzzles.

- America’s Got Talent, NBC @ 8PM. Starts 6/21 – What? I know, I know. I vehemently hate AI so how can I be interested in this show, right? Well, I used to love Star Search so I’m going to give it a chance. Of course, Simon C. is involved and that’s not necessarily a good thing so we’ll see. I’d really prefer they not show the audition stuff because that’s what ends up souring me on these shows. I only want to see the people who actually do have talent.

- Big Brother 7, CBS @ 8PM (it varies depending on the night it’s airing, though). Casting special is on 6/21 and the show itself returns on 7/6. CAN NOT WAIT! Make fun of me if you must but I addicted to this damn show and not ashamed to admit it. I’m a little unsure about the All Stars angle because it surely means people I couldn’t wait to be evicted in the past will once more be annoying the fuck out of me but mostly I’m just excited to have the show back and interested in how having people who all think they know how to play the game the best will shake it all up. Bring on the fish tank cam!

- Brotherhood, SHOW @ 10PM. Starts 7/9 – I’m not sure about this one but I consistently like what Showtime has to offer so I’m going to check it out for a few episodes and see if it hooks me.

- Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King, TNT @ 9PM. Starts 7/12 – Do I even need to explain this one? I should hope not.

- Weeds, SHOW @ 10PM. Starts 8/14 – Besides BB7, this will be the highlight of my summer TV viewing even though it’s so far away. I’ve been waiting for this return for what seems like FOREVER. Can’t wait to see how Nancy handles the DEA complication.

Welp, that’s about it. I was going to do a random picspam with pictures I took this afternoon but I’m too lazy to hook up the camera and download/size the pictures. Instead, I think I shall go play some DDR and go to bed. Auf Wiedersehen.

14 Responses to “Can you pass the OJ?”

glittersuicide says:

I started to watch Windfall but it was moving a bit slow for me so I DVR’d it to watch sometime this weekend in hopes it will catch my interest. I can’t wait for Nightmares and Dreamscapes! I’m also looking forward to the Closer starting back up..

scorpiomoonbeam says:

Hey Raen!

There’s this show I read about yesterday that I had to come and tell you about. I thought of you when I read about it.

It’s a British show called “Hex”. Have you heard of it?

I read about it on the USA Today blog, Pop Candy:

“The new ‘Buffy’?

OK, so that phrase has been used a lot since our fair vampire slayer left the air, and only Veronica Mars has come close to living up to our expectations. But I’m really curious about tonight’s Buffy-inspired premiere, Hex.

The BBC America series follows a female student who has visions of mysterious past events. The Chicago Tribune warns that “clues are doled out at a maddeningly slow pace,” though maybe that’s good news for fellow Sopranos and Lost fans. The New York Daily News gives the show a positive review, saying it feels “fresh” despite comparisons to other series. It debuts tonight at 10 p.m. ET; you can watch a trailer at BBC America’s site and get more info (including spoilers) on this fansite.”

Here’s a link to the blog:

And here is the BBC Web site:

The show has aired two seasons (a total of 19 episodes) in the UK. I found both seasons on a torrent site and watched a few episodes. I have to say, it has traces of Buffy-ness but yet it stands out as being exceptional on it’s own. Seriously, you have to check it out.

If you want, I can upload the first, two-hour episode to my Web site for you to download and check out.

Just let me know.

eolivet says:

I know, right? I can’t believe he wouldn’t realize that they probably edit the show with direction from somebody, based on the way Trump is leaning. It was like “We just showed Lee to be an incompetent screw-up! I can’t believe nobody voted for him!”

But I was glad Sean won, too. His event went off so smoothly — best event since Kendra’s in S3, I think. :)

I missed “Windfall,” but the ratings weren’t that good, I guess. It’s interesting to hear you’ll watch “America’s Got Talent,” because I know I’m kind of burned out on performance competitions after AI. I’m kind of wondering if the public is, as well…

Heya Scorpio!

I have heard of it and good things too. Hmmm, thanks for the links, they’ve definitely got me interested in checking it out. I can see the Buffy comparison just based on the premise. It works better than comparing VM to Buffy in that way.

Do you know if BBC America is reairing the first episode? I’ll have to check the schedule at home. Although, if you don’t mind uploading it that’d be wonderful.

Oooh. I’m all excited now about having a new show to check out! :)

EXACTLY! And the weird thing is that it appeared like they were watching the show with the live audience so it should have been obvious. But maybe they were just being cued on how to respond to the episode breaks.

Oh, you’re definitely right about his event going so smoothly! No wonder it was hard for them to build up the suspense – because it was so obvious that Sean was breezing through this task. I actually wish Sean had had the hockey game because I would like to have seen what he’d have done with it.

I missed “Windfall,” but the ratings weren’t that good, I guess.

I ended up watching it and I actually liked it once I got past the first five minutes. The lack of intro to the show was a bit jarring but made sense once things started to come together. I’ll be tuning in next week so I hope they give it a chance to build up a little bit of an audience.

Hmmm, well, honestly I don’t watch AI at all or any of the other performance competitions so that’s probably why I’m not burned out on them. However, the majority of the public does so it’s possible? Maybe the variation of talent will help draw people in? I have no idea if I’ll like it or not. The commercials for it last night weren’t doing much for me but I’m still going to give a chance to win me over.

I ended up watching it after all and I will say it took me about five minutes or so to really get drawn into it. And, even then, it wasn’t until they actually won the lottery that things really picked up. I actually liked it and will continue to watch to see if it holds my interest.

Oh, I forgot that I am going to give the Closer a try. My friend will be watching and loves it so I promised I’d try it again.

Just checked and Episode 1 is repeating tomorrow night at 11PM. If you don’t mind uploading I would still like a copy of the first episode but, if it’s going to take up too much space, don’t worry about it! Will let you know what I think once I watch :)

scorpiomoonbeam says:

Hey!

I will start uploading it now and send you a link to a Web page where you can download it.

After writing my initial post, I did more research on this show. After the end of season two the show was cancelled. Also, while season one was exceptional, many people found season two to not be as good. I still think it’s worth checking out at least the first season (which is only 6 episodes) just to catch a, albeit brief, quality TV experience.

Await the link to the download!

cdn_tvaddict says:

Hey babe, have a look at the comments on the Whedonesque post about this show. (It was posted yesterday.) I have seen a few eps. and I fully agree with the general consesus there.

cdn_tvaddict says:

I liked Windfall. Not everything about it, but some of the storylines have me very intrigued. Plus… Luke P. I just love him. :)

scorpiomoonbeam says:

Sorry for the slight delay:

Perfect! Thanks :) – My TiVO taped it this weekend but I haven’t had a chance to watch and I couldn’t download from home because I had a crappy connection all weekend.

Yeah, I’m pretty much the same way. I didn’t love everything about it but some of that may just be that it’s only the first episode :)

Thanks, babe.