This is what we do during lunch.

Hi, 2006 Atlantic Hurricane Season. I hear that you have got plans to be quite active this year. Well let me tell you, girl, no one likes a slutty Hurricane Season. So, try not to screw too many of us during your visit, m’kay?

Curious what some of the storms might be named? Well this year the boys go first: Alberto, Beryl, Chris, Debby, Ernesto, Florence, Gordon, Helene, Isaac, Joyce, Kirk, Leslie, Michael, Nadine, Oscar, Patty, Rafeal, Sandy, Tony, Valerie, and William. God willing we won’t have to carry over into the Greek alphabet again.

Note: Because the weather here in Orlando likes to be appropriate, we’re currently experiencing overcast conditions with small scattered showers and the occasional rumble of thunder.

Enough with the weather talk though you should probably get used to it as it is constantly on my mind at this time of year. Today, I am Army Girl. Not actually wearing camo pants as that’d be pushing the boundaries of appropriate office attire but I am wearing Army green semi-cargo pants (albeit with a flower stitching up one leg) and a shirt in the same green only a few shades slightly lighter. I feel like my hair should be up in a bun to stop it from touching the collar of my shirt and saluting people when I pass them in the hall. Sir, yes Sir! It kinda makes me all nostalgic for days of old. The army brat in me shows up at the oddest times.

F-list? I love you guys. Because sometimes it needs to be said. Especially when I’ve been kind of MIA as far as commenting is concerned.

Have I mentioned how much I love the pumpkin Seanan drew on my CD mailer envelope? It’s hanging on the wall right beside my monitor so I constantly glance at it as I type/work. It makes me all gooshy inside.

I’m currently debating whether I wish to stay in San Diego two days BEFORE Comic-Con or two days AFTER. It pretty much costs the same either way although a round trip ticket from Thursday to Tuesday is slightly cheaper. I was going to ask if anyone knows when VM starts filming again but, even if it starts the week after Comic-Con as I suspect it might, I doubt I’d be able to see anything and I really want the extra days to chill and explore SD.

My Cafe Press order left Knoxville this morning at 8AM and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. It is ridiculous how happy this makes me and how much I can’t wait for my new crop circles hoodie. Damn good thing the movie theaters and restaurants here freeze you out with their AC because it’s *so* not appropriate for wearing at work.

In other shopping news, the one thing I hate about shopping on Amazon.com is that I can’t look through the book to get a feel for it. This really isn’t a problem for reading books as I rarely buy new types of those books online. No, I’m talking about reference books. The kind that I need to be able to glance through to get a sense of the organization and writing style to see if it’s going to be helpful to me. The sucky thing is that the bookstores in the area don’t have a wide selection of these books so I am stuck buying online. Although, I should probably check out the UCF library first. They may have a copy of the ones I’m considering so that I can look through them but I can also check out some of the ones that I am not willing to pay lots of money to buy. Look, bitching in a post actually helped for once!

And lunch is almost over so I need to wrap up.

13 Responses to “This is what we do during lunch.”

spectralbovine says:

July 13 is sticking in my head. I think that was it.

ww1614 says:

If I had to guess, I’d guess filming of VM would start on July 20. But I don’t know for sure. They started after Comic Con last year, too.

Should we bet on which storm is going to cause the most trouble this year? I have my eye on Gordon, for some reason.

Heh. Because you like it or because you’ve heard it somewhere? ;)

That would be a Thursday… hmmm, did they start in the middle of a week last year?

Do they typically start at the beginning of a new week or do they care about that? July 20th is the Thursday that Comic Con starts, not that would necessarily matter to them.

Hmmm, Gordon is probably a good pick. Although Florence looks like a bitch and for some reason Oscar keeps jumping out at me.

spectralbovine says:

Rob mentioned the day everyone was getting back to work, and I think that was it. Maybe it was July 23 instead? It does seem weird to come back on a Thursday. Although he was only referring to the writers, so maybe they come back early, and the shooting starts the following Monday.

ww1614 says:

LOL, I had no idea when Comic Con was. I assumed July 14.

I just went back to my archives. Last year they started filming on Monday, July 25. If they started filming on July 24 this year, that could correspond with [info]spectralbovine‘s reply that they’re starting July 13, because that’s about when pre-production would start.

Or they could be starting on Thursday, July 13. Buffy and Angel always started filming on Thursdays.

Ahh, gotcha. Do they already have the first script in the bag? If not, I’d think there might be at least a week in between the writers being back and filming. I know he talked in a few interviews about them already breaking the first few episodes but I wasn’t sure if that meant they were completely written yet.

Heh, well I didn’t think you knew about Comic Con, just musing it over. If anything, they’d probably prefer to be filming during Comic Con. That way if the CW is having them show, they’d mostly be in town already anyway.

Thanks for checking your archives. I was being too lazy to do that. I thought I remembered it being the last week in July which is why I was guessing they might be starting that same time this year.

See now, if I worked on the show, I’d prefer to start on a Thursday. Of course I probably wouldn’t have the same dread of the Monday work day blues either.

spectralbovine says:

They have the first three scripts in the bag, I think. At least the first two. Rob wrote the premiere. Or maybe that’s the only one that’s written. I don’t have my e-mails on hand right now, so I can’t check.

ww1614 says:

I have a note on my calendar that the writers go back June 14. That was usually the case on Buffy/Angel, too–the writers go back in June, and the production people (at the studio) start up after the 4th of July. Maybe you were thinking June 13?

spectralbovine says:

Wait, I think I was. Because Rob’s vacation was for a month, and he left right around the time of the upfronts. I’ll try to remember to verify June 13 when I get home, just for the hell of it.

jupisan says:

Hurricane Season blah, I hope we dont even have to use greek letters this year.
    Man I missed a week of school last year cause of Wilma.
    lives in South FL.

spectralbovine says:

Rats. The date is, in fact, June 14.