Oh, heh, that subject? Refers to Boston Legal. Just in case anyone was thinking about freaking out on me…

Gilmore Girls:
Ehh. I was a little surprised that so little happened in this episode given that we only have the finale left. This may be the fault of the promos all week, though, since we saw stuff in them that’s clearly happening in the finale. I truly hate that. Let’s hope that the CW reorgs the promotion department because it’s needed.

Lore and Luke. Wow. Way to kill my love for this couple. I honestly don’t care anymore. I’m sick of how Lore is avoiding Luke and just letting this all happen. I’m sick of how Luke just does not get it. I’m mostly just sick of them being like this. I’d rather them be friends with weird chemistry than what they’ve become as a couple. Which doesn’t mean I’d condone Lore running to Chris (just speculation, nothing more). I could get behind a Chris and Lore hookup if it didn’t happen as a way to break Lore and Luke up. I’d rather them just come to a conclusion with each other first.

For the record, the Gilmores shopping for a house for them? Presumptuous much? I get that they thought they were doing something nice but it’s just another example that they still think they know best and try to control Lore’s life. Have they learned nothing this season? Truly, it’s one thing to want to buy a house, it’s another thing to actually do the shopping for a house without sharing that idea with the people who’ll be living in it.

I loved the Logan, Paris, and Doyle stuff. I’m a sucker for Paris and Doyle and I know it. I’m not sure how I feel about where Rory and Logan are right now but I guess they have moved past their issues. Rory’s stuff this episode was disappointing. I can get her being annoyed at the Mitchum stuff but couldn’t we have given her a story with a little more substance? Also, it’s stupid to want them to retract the article. Use it, girl. Have you learned nothing this season? Mitchum just claimed you were one of his successes. Milk it because what better revenge than to have him constantly having to back up his story?

Honestly, I was a little disappointed. I’m still excited for next week’s finale but I wish we’d had a better lead in than that.

Veronica Mars:
Loved it. I have some issues with the trial stuff but overall I really enjoyed the episode. I am now forced to agree that someone I didn’t want to be responsible for the bus crash probably is going to be. Go read [info]eirefaerie‘s excellent and detailed speculation post for the ‘who’ and ‘why’. And, if that person didn’t do it, I would have to go with [info]zimshan‘s pick next because of how those details could relate to that person too.

I’m going to do a bigger post about this episode so I won’t go into detail about things here. Wallace getting shot at? You saw Veronica’s reaction to that, right? Yeah, that was me, in my living room… same reaction but without the being able to cling to Gia at the same time. And even though I fear for the foreshadowing, it’s a damn good thing that gun had blanks in it because the rest of the episode would have been dead to me. Then the Wallace/Veronica scene at the end? Aww. These two are my favorite BFFs in all of TV-Land. The entire episode could have sucked and that moment would have saved it for me.

Woody = CREEPY. I broke out the Creepy MoFo icon for this post but, when Woody appeared in the doorway behind Veronica, I was wiggin’ as bad as she was… *shudders* Does Rob has severe Daddy issues or what?! First Aaron, then Mr. Manning, and now Woody. Gah.

Last night I said that I can’t wait for next week but now I’m dreading it too. I don’t want it to be over.

Boston Legal:
Ok, see here’s where you’ll see the effect that VM had on me. I can’t remember names of characters on BL and I’m fuzzy on the details of last night’s episode. I like the stuff between Brad and what’s her face. I like how he just can’t believe she doesn’t want to have sex again because IT WAS THAT GOOD. Heh. Only she totally does but doesn’t want to admit it because she also has feelings for him… you know it’s why she had sex with him the first time.

As usual, I love Denny and Alan. Love that this week Denny is supposedly defending Alan and even the judge did a double-take. Hee. Then Alan keeps telling Denny to keep quiet until closing arguments. Which is great because all season long Denny has told Alan about how it all comes down to the closing argument.

I must admit, I didn’t really follow what was going on with Edwin and his case beyond the fact that Shirley was having to save it for him. I do like that we have Edwin back… nice way to close out the season with a bit of continuity. And, yeah, that’s all I’ve got because the rest is all a blur.

Teachers
I’m almost ashamed to admit that I laughed as hard as I did at the “balls” jokes. Something about the way she was saying it just made them funnier than they really were. It’s a good thing that no one else on my f-list is watching this show because I don’t remember anything about it besides that it had to do with Prom and Cahill thinking it was a date and then him ending up outside with Tina who I prefer anyway. I kept the episode so I can watch it again when I’m not anxious to re-watch VM. Maybe some more commentary then…

On the schedule for Wednesday: The Amazing Race, Lost, Invasion, Alias, and One Tree Hill

10 Responses to “TV: Tuesday (5/2/06) – Not guilty by reason of the insanity of the prosecution’s case.”

breathinmethane says:

Oh mannnnnn! I despise what has become of luke and lorelai they’ve completely killed this couple! I did enjoy emily’s hand on lore’s shoulder. I do like christopher and loreali together but he was absent for 21 years of rory’s life, and left lore waiting and hoping only to leave her again for his dumb pregnant girlfriend sherry and then he comes back like nothing and we’re suppose to forget he’s a bum? Luke handing the april thing is such a horrible plotline and anna cant stand her!

eolivet says:

I am extremely far behind on BL, but I’m so glad you’re doing these posts, so I can come back and catch up (once I…do catch up.)

Sadly, the lovely VM spec post you linked to is locked, though. :/

spectralbovine says:

Yeah, I don’t know why the hell Luke and Lorelai have become such an awful, avoidant couple. Well, I guess April is the excuse, but…blarg. Lauren Graham killed me at the end of that realtor scene, though. I just about cried.

And I am more inclined to side with ‘s suspect than ‘s. Because…because! I don’t know anymore.

harper47 says:

I loathe and despise what ASP has done to Luke’s character this season just to throw a roadblock in the marriage plans. I hate this kind of stupid, character assasination writing and I still loathe Christopher.

I can’t read the spec post since it’s locked so any chance you can give us a summary?

Yes, I admit that I did enjoy Emily’s hand on Lore’s shoulder. That moment was good… just as the last moments of the show were kind of heartbreaking for me.

I’ll be glad when you catch up so I can share the love with you :)

Oops. I forgot that her journal is locked. Her spec is all the reasons why she think Beaver did it and how things would have played out if it’s true.

What kills me about it is that they were never this avoidant before. Seperately yes but not together which is why I liked the idea of them as a couple. I was willing to accept April as an excuse for a while but it’s just gotten too much for me now.

Right there with you on that one. I can’t take much more of Lauren breaking down.

And I am more inclined to side with zimshan’s suspect than eirefaerie’s. Because…because! I don’t know anymore.

You just don’t want him to have done it! I can see the argument for [info]zimshan‘s suspect too. He wouldn’t want that information getting out either.

Ooh, I forgot that you don’t like Christopher. I didn’t used to like him but he’s grown on me and I do sorta like the easy friendship that he had Lore have. They know each other’s faults. Still, I don’t want him to just be another obstacle for Luke and Lore. Because I don’t see Luke ever being able to get over it if she does do something with Christopher.

Oops, I forgot her posts are locked. Sorry. Quick and sucky summary is that Beaver did it because, as we all suspect, he’s the missing third person on the video and he knew that Marcos and Peter outing Woody would mean that the everyone would know about him too. I’ll write more on this in a post soon :)

spectralbovine says:

I don’t! But the more I think about it, the more I fear that’s the way Rob will go because of Michael’s reaction in Austin, how “No one has done anything like this before.” I think a very tiny modicum of people in the non-online fandom, a very small portion of the regular viewers, would even think to suspect him. Hell, until the theory came into vogue a few months ago, I hadn’t even considered it. And people are very adamant, and they’re being rather convincing. But he hasn’t shown a single ounce of remorse, it seems, and he’s never stricken me as that heartless. I could buy a lot of what they were selling if I could see it in the post-bus crash text.

Gaaaaah!!

That’s why I don’t want it to be him. Because I like him and, hell, I’m being encouraged to like him through his relationship with Mac. I’d need to rewatch some episodes from last season but it also seems to go against the way he reacted to things last year. It makes his lack of reaction to the bus crash hard to take. Hell, I’d prefer to believe it could be DJr., for all the same reasons, over him. With him, I could buy the lack of remorse without a problem.