You have been eliminated from the race.

Have I mentioned how much I love my show? Because I totally do.

But, I should talk about other TV too. I’m having a hard time remembering what I’ve watched. What’s wrong with me?! Hmm, oh, see I’ve been catching up on the backlog of shows on the TiVO so it feels like I’ve been watching things non-stop but they’re all old shows and I hate talking about things that are weeks old. I still have the last half of the last new ER to watch and then I can maybe talk about it a bit. Last night’s Daily Show and the color names had me rolling. I think that’s about it. I have a slew of Slings and Arrows to watch but I don’t usually post about that show and I’m pretty much waiting until I have the whole season so I can watch it back to back. I like it better that way.

The Amazing Race
Is it wrong that I’m glad Dave and Lori are gone? They weren’t as annoying for me in the past two legs, probably because they were finally showing a human side and bickering, but they still weren’t the greatest racers so I’m cool with them being gone. Ray and Yolanda need to step it up even though it was hard to move ahead on this leg given the huge gap in starting times. At this point, the two couples that I really dislike are Fran/Barry and Lake/Michelle.

Lake and Michelle just get on my last nerve with the way they talk to each other. They aren’t as abusive or as bad as some previous couples *cough*Jonathon and Colin*cough* but they still drive me up the wall. Fran and Barry are just as bad with their cluelessness. They may be great at directions but that’s about all they are good at and I’m not even sure we’ve ever really seen them good at that either. They suck at finding the clue boxes, even when they are obvious, and they suck at picking detours and the right person for the roadblocks. Plus, the way they tend to freak out about everything is getting old real fast.

Eric/Jeremy are probably my next least favorite. The problem is that they are good racers but extremely poor sports. At least, when it comes to who gets to the mat first. They are actually friendly during the leg itself but I think that’s because they are leeching off of everyone most of the time. When they have to start finding their own way and figuring things out on their own, they might be in more trouble. And, hey, when Phil dislikes you? You know you’ve done something wrong.

BJ/Tyler make me laugh. They are just having so much fun that, even though I found them annoying at first, I can’t help but like them. They are truly enjoying this experience and they are pretty awesome racers. Have to give them props for that. Monica/Joseph go up and down for me. One minute I think they’re cool and the next they’re both losing their cool and I’m wanting to slap them upside the head. The thing is… they’ve been fairly good at the racing so far but that kind of frustration and losing it will seriously hurt them if they make it to the final legs.

And the best part of the show? PHIL DANCING AT THE MAT!! OMG. I <3 Phil!! He's just yummy.

Gilmore Girls
Why do I feel like I’ve already talked about this? Oh, no, I know why… I didn’t watch it live. I was still stuck at the car place when it came on and then I had to go back and watch it later that night. Not sure why that’s giving me the illusion of having discussed it but it does explain why I felt like something was off with my viewing of it this week. Anyway, who cares about that, well besides me and my checking account that is now out $500?

Moving along to the actual episode. Uh. Like Mother like daughter, eh? So, like I said last time, I still think Logan has a valid point. The problem is that Rory isn’t upset about the sleeping with other girls so much as the fact that he never made it clear that they were broken up. He can’t understand what she’s upset about because she’s not telling him exactly what bothers her. And I’ve come to the conclusion that that is her problem as well as Lore’s. They don’t know exactly how to express what bothers them about their situations. Until they figure it out or until they can’t keep quiet anymore, the issues aren’t going to go away.

Could the Gilmores really be thinking of moving to Stars Hollow? Seems a bit crazy to me. There must be something more to that – especially since I can’t imagine them moving into a small place just to be close to Lore and Rory. Lore better deal with the date problem soon, though, because it won’t take long to find out that she and Luke have postponed the wedding if Emily is hanging around Stars Hollow. Heck, I am surprised Kirk hasn’t filled her in already.

There was probably more but I’m blanking out on it already… Luke maybe? Here’s the thing that I don’t think Rory got. Lore isn’t bothered by the kid’s mother, she’s bothered that Luke doesn’t want to share this experience with her. And, Luke remains oblivious and I used to think that was weird for him and possibly out of character but I’ve changed my mind. Luke isn’t used to sharing his life and he especially isn’t used to dealing with things that are new to him. He’s a loner and he likes to figure out how he feels about something before he shows it. I think that’s what he’s doing. He is being blind to the fact that it bothers Lore but I think he’s legimately wrapped up in what’s happening and that’s why. It can’t always fall to Luke to “know” what’s going on in Lore’s mind. So, while it continues to bug me because I like the two of them and don’t want this to ruin them, I also don’t find it all that unbelievable.

Pepper Dennis
Not cutting this one since I’m not spoiling… I just don’t like it. If [info]cdn_tvaddict continues to like it and the WB/CW picks up for next season, I may give it another chance. For now, though, I just don’t want to share VM’s time with another show and not liking it gave me no reason to change my mind about that.

That’s it. See what I mean? I’ve been watching TV whenever I’ve been at home and yet it feels like I’m way behind. I really need to clear that TiVO off so I can stop feeling so out of it.

15 Responses to “You have been eliminated from the race.”

schnappycat says:

Did TAR change nights? I am not a regular viewer and I don’t really care, but I looked for it on Tuesday for lack of anything better to watch and couldn’t find it.

I started watching PD this AM. Not done yet, so no comment quite yet.

Yep, last night was it’s first night in the new timeslot. CBS was getting complaints about it being on so late when it moved to 10PM but I guess “The Unit” is doing good in the 9PM timeslot? Either way, they moved it to Weds at 8PM. Works better for me but it’s confused people and I’m sure it took a hit last night because of the confusion.

schnappycat says:

Yeah, I had no idea it was moving. So, it’s on at 7 PM Wed. for me now. I’ll have to look for it if I am bored. All I watch at that time is OTH. Heh.

I liked it at 9 on Tuesdays, but I guess that isn’t as late because of my timezone.

Yeah, I’ve had to tape OTH so I can transcribe it over at TVCH. That kinda sucks since I like OTH live.

I actually liked it on Tuesday, especially since VM was moving back to Tuesdays. I was looking forward to having GG, VM, and then TAR. Would have been the perfect night for me. Ah, well.

southernbangel says:

Have you watched OTH yet? Dude, all I can say is that has to be one extremely awkward set with CMM and SB and CMM’s supposed new high school senior fiancee? SO DAMN AWKWARD.

cara_leigh9 says:

I missed Bones last night because I didn’t realize TAR had moved, so my MIL (who was watching the girls while we took Jo to therapy) was probably watching The Game Show network and it didn’t record Bones.

Yeesh, that may be the worst sentence in the history of sentences, but you know what I mean.

I’m really starting to like Bones, too, so I was a little disappointed when I sat down to watch it and it wasn’t on my list.

BTW, our flight has been confirmed. We’re landing in Orlando at 10:35am on April 19th. We’ll probably do some sight-seeing and we can meet you for dinner at whatever time is convenient for you.

Less than two weeks and I’m sure you’re sick of hearing about it and can’t wait for it to be over :)

eolivet says:

Aww, I like Lake/Michelle, and I loathed both Jonathan/Victoria and Colin/Christie. I think it’s because Michelle seems like a much stronger woman than either of the other two. She also pokes fun at her husband to his face and he doesn’t get it, so it’s kind of hard to dislike someone that clueless. I don’t think Lake is obnoxious (Jonathan) or intense (Colin) so much as…kind of a blowhard, actually. But really, he seems harmless. And the two of them together are hilarious — the thing about “There are 400,000 people in this city.” “And all of them are right here.” Jonathan was never that funny, and Colin only became funny when his ox was broken. :p

And while Eric/Jeremy at least didn’t mention women once, I still think they’re extremely disrespectful (especially to Phil. “Big Philly Style” — bite me). AND VERY, VERY GAY. (not that it has anything to do with their disposition…I’m just sayin’ ;)

What is “Slings and Arrows,” BTW? I’ve never heard of it. :)

breathinmethane says:

Gilmore girls has been disappointing me for quite some time now, I just didn’t really understand the point of finally giving us, the audience, what we want [luke & lore being together] and then simply taking it away.

I am not enjoying sitting down every tuesday to watch annoying ass story lines. Anna being April’s mom yet also the woman that Jess’s dad is living with who has a freaky kid who likes closets in CALIFORNIA and being in Stars Hallow at the same time … WTF MATE.

Logan should have made it clearer, “hey i suck, we’re broken up, i’m gonna go bang some of my sis’s friends now” and Rory has never been very confrontational so i don’t expect much from her at this point. [uh hello paris telling off logan for her?] They need to end this sick relationship now.

April needs to stop existing i don’t buy the daughter angle, and Anna i’ve already expressed my feeling for. Ugh.

The Gilmores living in stars hallow… how unbelievable. I hate that they seperated then got back now they want to move – get the fuck outta here, bro. That’s just ridiculous it’s just becoming very obvious that Ms.Creator of GG is running out of ideas.

…and yet theres another season comin’ up!

breathinmethane says:

Also, VM is now at 9 on tuesday and So is house so i am definately in a dilema.

cdn_tvaddict says:

I really think it is plausible that the Gilmore parents could be having baby panic. We’ve seen many times over the years how Emily feels she has to blackmail Lore into being a part of her life, and she always accuses her of trying to keep them out of things. Like the house remodel. So it doesn’t seem that unlikely that this is yet another ploy by Emily to ensure that she has a stake in this baby’s life. Although I know there is no baby. (But did you know that there was a net runour that LG is pregnant?)

I always just assumed that Lore had already told the ‘rents about the changed wedding date and we just didn’t see that convo. You’re right, it will be bad if she hasn’t told them yet.

I think Rory is torn between the perfect boyfriend and life she has envisioned with Logan, and what she really feels about things deep down. I got the impression she thought Logan could be the one, and she said as much in the Valentine week-end ep. So now, instead of having this rich, cool, like-my-dad guy for her future, she has hurt feelings and maybe some cracked morals. I think once she gets her thoughts straightened out she’ll either tell Logan off or accept the situation. I personally still think he is in the wrong on the we were oficially broken up issue, but I don’t think that he was cheating on her either. I just think if you’re not mature enough to tell someone you’re broken up then you shouldn’t be in that type of relationship.

As you can see, I’m a little behind on comments. I didn’t get Bones taped either. I’m not sure what happened but it wasn’t there when I checked. Dammit.

Yay! Okie doke… It’s a Wednesday so I should be able to get out of work at the usual time or a little early to meet up with you guys. Yay! Almost just a week now!

Well, I have to admit, I don’t hate Lake/Michelle. I just find him annoying. It’s the hyperactiveness. It drives me up the wall. But you’re right that Michelle is most definitely strong than either Victoria or Christie. She gives it right back to him. Their behavior with eacho ther doesn’t bug me so much as just his… all over the place behavior.

Eh, I’ve kinda been ignoring E/J lately but they keep sticking to first or second place so I think it’s going to be hard to knock them out of the finals.

Ahh, “Slings and Arrows” is a Canadian TV Show being shown on the Sundance Channel right now. It’s about a theatre group and each season (we’re on the second season now) is based around the play they are performing. Both seasons have been Shakespeare plays.

Hey. I didn’t even realize Anna was the same person. Oops.

See now, GG doesn’t bug me that much although I do want Luke/Lore to get back together. I know they are just trying to increase the drama for those two but I think just planning a wedding would have given us that kind of drama without having to invent a long lost daughter. Which, how did Luke not know about that anyway? Seems unlikely.

Oh. I agree that Logan should have made it clear and I think that’s exactly what Rory has a problem with but she just hasn’t made that clear to him so he continues to not understand what he’s done wrong. Oh well.

Haha, well I though Amy was leaving the show? So maybe it’ll actually get better.

Hmm. I vote for VM. ;)

Good point about the Gilmore parents. I didn’t know about that rumor? Any truth to it do you think?

Hmm, maybe she has? That long break is making me forget things. I thought she started to tell them but then chickened out and was keeping the date just in case. I think she canceled things, didn’t she, but that was the episode that ended with her finding that Emily had put the announcement in the paper. Crap. I can’t remember now.

Oh, no, I agree with you completely. It’s clearly what Rory is feeling but she hasn’t said that to him so he continues to just not get it. Which, again, just proves he’s not mature enough for the kind of relationship that Rory wants. On the other hand, he does appear to truly care about her… I dunno. I think they are going to continue to have problems until Rory can tell him straight up what he did wrong. Or, you know, represses and screws up the relationship another way.