Ok, Rob was right.

OH. MY. GOD.

Holy crap. So glad Rob didn’t set my expectations too high for this episode because it rocked. So many great lines. I can’t even keep up with all of them, there were so many.

And Thumper?! I feel worse that Weevil just put that on his conscience and that he made Logan the one actually responsible for pushing the button, so to speak, that killed Thumper.

And Woody?? Haha, I totally called that he was going to turn out to be gay!! I don’t think I posted it though. WOE! You’ll have to verify with [info]cadhla that I suggested that maybe the “outing of all outings” could be Dick Sr and Woody! So, I’m thinking I might be half right so far because his hand on Logan’s arm? Creepy in the Aaron touching Veronica’s leg in the car kind of creepy.

OH. Ha. V/L dance to “Sway” and a million L/V-shippers breathe a sigh of relief and then emit a very loud SQUEE heard ’round the World.

I can’t decide on my favorite line of dialogue tonight but it might be, “Wait. Who are you?” Oh, Logan, I like it when you’re happy and being annoyed by girls and giving others hell. So glad to have you back. And I can’t even say, “Hannah? Hannah who?” because V did bring her up.

And, then again, maybe my favorite line is, “Ow! God, that burns.” Saw that coming a mile away when they produced the Bible. Oh, or maybe I just love that he wanted to fire Sheriff Lamb and then took his parking spot! How great is it that it looked like he was going to use that signature for nefarious purposes and then it was just to sanction his taking of Sheriff Lamb’s spot because “he’s handicapped.” LOVE IT. Not that I don’t think that signature is gonna be important later.

Good for Jackie. Say what you will about her but she did the right thing there and, as much as I love Wallace, I love that she didn’t give in to him. It’s so clear that she wants to but she stayed strong. ‘Course, for a second there, I was afraid she was hurrying out of the dance because she wanted some pills. Can we get some closure on that already so I can stop thinking about it whenever we see Jackie?

Note: Weevil’s earring is missing in the scene with Curly. I can’t tell if he lost it during that scene but it’s definitely not in his ear when he and Curly exchange words.

Also Note: Father Fitzpatrick is upset about the falling property values. So, how does that impact the Fitzpatricks being involved in the bus crash? Plus, now we have more evidence that could point to this having to do with a real estate deal.

A worry: What exactly is Beav afraid of? He definitely came off as being afraid to go home while Dick is there… what’s up with that? The “good luck with getting laid” was harsh. What the hell is going on here?!

Wardrobe: “Same scum, different wardrobe.” Uh, what the hell was up with that hideous argyle sweater outfit Logan was wearing during the Woody workout scene?! MY EYES. Sal, give up the argyle… I beg of you.

GIA! You DO exist. Fancy that! And clearly you and Dick are a no go since you are braving the dance alone. Although, I was with Logan there. It was kinda better when you weren’t around because that chattering is annoying as all get out. Too bad V saved you from Logan’s annoyance. And, yet, you brought up friendship and truth. Interesting.

Yeah, this post is all over the place, eh? Can I just end with… OMG! Thumper! Stadium! Logan pushes the plunger! OMG!

PS: There’s no way Thumper did it! They can’t have solved that one with five more episodes to go, can they? I still maintain it was Cervando. Thumper was way too easy and obvious. There’s got to be more to it.

ETA: Dude. Look at me. The episode was so freaking good that I forgot all about the “shocker” joke. Hee. Now you understand why Rob was doing it wrong in my pictures from the bloggers day.

16 Responses to “Ok, Rob was right.”

southernbangel says:

Wait? The mayor is gay? How long was I on the phone with my mom? And did Beaver and Mac break up because if I had an OTP for this show, it would be them.

No more Beaver and Mac? Woe.

HAHA. The mayor being gay is totally speculation on my part but he was all weird and touching Logan’s biceps a little too weirdly. I just got the vibe off him earlier in the season when we saw that his home life and that it looks like he and his wife have seperate rooms.

And, umm, not sure if Beaver and Mac really broke up or just had a fight. It’s not totally clear but his last words to her seemed like he meant it as a breakup. As for no more of them – I have no idea but I wouldn’t give up on them just yet :) – we still have five more episodes for them to make up.

southernbangel says:

Okay, thanks for clearing it up. I was trying to pay attention when Mom was talking but obviously not a whole lot. *g*

Thanks, hon. :)

ww1614 says:

LOGAN = SPIKE. It’s canon.

OMG, great ep.

OMG!!!! How the hell did I miss that?!

schnappycat says:

I am totally getting the gay and/or molested Beaver and child molester Woody personally. But then again, I am totally unspoiled now and am usually wrong about such things.

That’s my feeling too. Plus, it kinda fits with how Beaver was so eager to get his Dad’s approval earlier in the season. So, hey, we can both be wrong together because I’m always wrong too.

dangermousie says:

Oh yes, Woody really gave off a super-creepy vibe. He is freaking me out. I love the LOOK Logan gave him after the ‘touching.’ I do love that FUBARed Logan still has so much room to be surprised.

deepinblue says:

I absolutely LOVED this episode and I still say this season is amazing. I absolutely loved the line where Veronica told Lamb, “When I start looking for losers, I’ll call you.” The Bible thing was pretty funny and man, such a climactic episode! Yeah Gia exists only when it is convenient to have her. LOL. I loved Wallace and Jackie reconnecting, though the whole Jane thing was really short lived. Woody, perving on Logan. What was with that ripped comment? Logan doesn’t exactly steadily work out and he isn’t that built. Also yeah, the sweater in the workout room, out of place. The whole Mac/Beaver thing, way harsh! I don’t know what he is holding back, it has to be more then Dick. Just because he’s already really put it out there about Dick, that’s already known. It has to be something deeper, no but’s about it. I liked Mac coming to Veronica for love advice, “I’m the sluttiest person you know.” “I was going to say worldly.” Quick question, what was with the scouts honor thing. I know someone has said it was like an inside joke, but I don’t think I ever really heard what it was about/involved. Any way you could clue me in?

spectralbovine says:

You know, I didn’t think it was as awesome as I was expecting, but that was mostly because everything that wasn’t the A plot felt so much lesser. But I am glad that everyone else seems to be squeeing more than usual.

The “good luck with getting laid” was harsh.

So that is what he said? I couldn’t hear it clearly, and I thought that was way out of line! Come on, Beaver!

cara_leigh9 says:

Rae! You totally wrote out all my thoughts and now I don’t have to. Thank you!!! What a fantastic episode!!

When Woody touched Logan’s arm, I looked at Brad and said “Did he just cop a feel?” I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that. I also thought maybe Beaver was going to be the “outing of all outings” , but now that looks too easy. I liked your guess of who it is.

So many great lines and the last scene? Oh my gosh, that was awesome.

Two questions. Who was looking out of the van when Weevil jumped Thumper? Just a random person (or a kid?)? And also, uh, I’m totally lame, but I don’t know what the three-fingered sign V made meant. I know, I’m naive at times.

*hugs*

harper47 says:

This episode was soooooooo good that I don’t think I can post anything coherent. My LJ – a blank space. I’m bopping around responding to people but my brain just keeps saying – show this to the CW suits. This one – this one! Such a great show – as everyone said, this is vintage VM. Everyone was true to their character, well at least the leads, I can’t answer to the Beaver, and it was so, so much fun to watch.

Funny? Oh my God was it funny!!!!! I love me some snarky Logan. Snarky with all kinds of truth in it. And wanting to fire the Sheriff – bwah!!!!!!!! (abuse of exclamation points, I know, I know).

Seriously – every line, every moment of Logan was sheer gold. And that’s not even to mention the dance. Heee – I agree Rae – another squee heard round the world. So much in his face. How does Dohring use every muscle of his face to say so much? Amazing. Almost forehead touching and pulling back. The UST – whew. (fans self). Loved it.

And creepy Woody? EWWWWWWWWWW – honestly I can’t even remember how much I liked Guttenberg in Three Men and a Baby because all he does now is creep me out. In a seriously ohhh you did not just fondle Logan you perv you. Gay, abuser, seriously evil – all of the above. Or in thrall to his seriously evil wife. Or they are all evil.

It’s the Evil Boatloads of Parents conspiracy.
    HEEEEE!!!!!!

On the potential abuser front, the slow pan of pictures including Little League was like a flashing beacon. I mean I must have seen 70,000 abused little league children including last week’s Without a Trace were the abuser kept all the little kids hats in a storage compartment.

And Weevil? Great acting job by Capra, wonderful ending, Logan is now technically a killer – salutes the greatness.

Great, great episode. Huggles show. Sends more renwal vibeage and running off to find more save Veronica Mars polls to vote in.

breathinmethane says:

I missed the joke, explain explain!! I had to go out for milk! AGH!

Okay, i don’t think thumper did it either, i think the fitzpatricks did…somehow. I adore that jackie didnt give into wallace, and that wallace fessed up to his girlfriend. I’m glad hannahs gone, and i love that LoVe danced together. Oh and i loved VM’s line “When i turn to losers, you’ll be first” to lamb or something like that.

anonymous says:

Veronica said, “Shocker,” while chopping her hand down with the middle three fingers extended together and the thumb over the pinkie. The Boy Scouts salute with fingers in that position but the obscene hand gesture known as the Shocker switches the ring finger for the pinkie. So Weevil said, “I think that’s Scout’s Honor,” and started to show her the Shocker before she stopped him. Google the Shocker if you’re curious and not prudish.

deepinblue says:

Thank you Thank you! I will do the google. I knew about the Boy Scout salute but wasn’t familiar with The Shocker. And I had read it was going to be this inside thing but I had no clue what that was all about. Thanks again! :)

calturner says:

Finally got to see the episode last night. Absolutely loved it! Definitely the best of the season so far. So much to think about. I’m on the Beaver being abused trail of thought myself. Not sure if Dick has also been abused, or if he’s actually the abuser. It could go either way for me at the moment. The Mayor is just too creepy, so he’s definitely up to no good! *shudders*

But for me (I can’t help it) the V/L interaction was the highlight for me. And that dance! *melts* I’d actually started to think I was over V/L…but no. This couple just have so much chemistry together. I want to see more! But not in a “true love forever” kind of way. I want it to be angsty and hard for them…maybe not quite as hard as it was for Spuffy, but I definitely don’t want it to be easy. It’s the only way to keep it interesting in my eyes.

Sorry to ramble. I don’t know what it is about V/L that intrigues me so much! :)

Oh…and Weevil! How happy was I to see him. We haven’t had nowhere near enough Weevil this season, but what we have had has been vital to the seasonal arc. I love me some Weevil! :D