The verdict is in…

Pepper Dennis? Yeah, NO.

Moving along now…

ETA: Seriously, the critics all liked this?! Maybe I’m being too harsh?

23 Responses to “The verdict is in…”

soundingsea says:

I turned it to that for a couple of minutes, and the mix was wrong. The background music was normal, but the dialogue was almost inaudible. If I turned it up so I could hear them talk, the music was unbearable.

Silly WB!

Glad to hear I wasn’t missing anything.

Yeah, that sound thing seems intentional. It continues to happen occasionally. That plus some kind of weird fast forward shtick. It’s like they are trying to be ‘hip’ or something. Plus, Rebecca’s acting? Really too bad for me.

holly96 says:

I really, really hope most viewers agree with you, so VM can beat it when it moves to Tuesday next week.

Me too. I just can’t see this show keeping the GG viewers.

soundingsea says:

Intentional?!?! Are they mad? I thought it was a technical problem! That was in NO way cool.

shizam23 says:

Heh, I refused to watch on the grounds that it is potential competition for VM and like we don’t have enough to worry about without some silly WB show to think about. So yay! Glad it sucked:)

keyser7soze says:

That show makes me very nervous, even though it just looks like Ally McBeal minus David E. Kelley and, uh, people who can actually act.

schnappycat says:

Really? Good to know. I am Tivoing as I type this, but maybe I should skip, huh?

nm973 says:

I wasn’t home to catch it, but I saw some (very) negative reviews. For our sakes, I really really REALLY hope it tanks. *ahem*

cdn_tvaddict says:

Well, I liked it. :) Not like, OMG! That’s my new favourite show, but I didn’t dislike it at all. That’s why they made Tivo and the likes.

Haha! I KNEW IT! I just sent you an email asking what you thought because I knew we were gonna be different on this one. ;)

Maybe it’s the premise? I dunno, I think I just didn’t like Rebecca in the role.

But, hey, I’m glad you liked it. *smooches*

cara_leigh9 says:

I didn’t catch it, but it sounds like I didn’t miss much. I’ve stopped listening to critics because I always seem to have the opposite opinion of them.

*hugs*

*hugs back*

Well, Jo liked it so it’s possible I was just being bitchy while watching it? I don’t know what it is – since I’ve watched plenty of shows that include cutesy ways of trying to do things – but I get annoyed when a show is so obviously trying to do those type of things. I suppose it’s partly because they just had too much of a mix between the make believe and the ‘real’. Like the show seems to be trying to be realistic about the news stuff and, yet, some of it was so over the top.

Sorry, didn’t mean to babble, I was trying to figure out what it was I didn’t like :)

Ahh, glad I wasn’t the only one who didn’t like it. I hope it tanks as well but I don’t know that it’s really going to attract the same audience as VM. Not that that’s a consolation. I don’t want any good competition for VM so hopefully others didn’t love PD either.

eolivet says:

OMG, thank you!!! I got to see the Pilot last week and it was so bad, I forgot to post about it. :x Seriously? Rebecca Romjin can’t act, and Brooke Burns can’t act more, and the premise is Grey’s Anatomy, but not. One of the worst Pilots I’ve EVAH seen. And I’ve seen a lot of bad Pilots. ;p

I dunno now… My friend Jo, see below, liked it so it may have just been me? Despite it being on against VM soon, I wanted to like it but something about the formula was off. Normally I’d give it more chances to catch my attention but, with VM moving and having too many shows already, I won’t this time. Plus, it’s hard to tell what will make it onto the CW lineup but I imagine a late season show like this would have to be an outstanding hit to make the cut.

Haha. Like I said, they are using a few gimmicks to try and make it different. I’m not sure my sound was as bad as yours so some of it may have been a technicak problem but there were parts where the music got really loud and kind of overshadowed the dialogue.

You know, I considered not watching for that reason – well that and I tend to lose interest in anything playing opposite VM anyway – but I was on the station and didn’t have anything else on so I gave it a shot. I even kind of wanted to like it, despite knowing it isn’t likely to survive the switch to the CW (just not enough time to prove itself), but it turned me off. If it weren’t for VM, I’d probably give it another try but why bother when I have a show I love on at that time?

OMG! It is totally like Ally McBeal. Or, rather, that’s exactly what they are trying to do with it. But, as you pointed out, Ally had Kelley and actors. Plus, Ally – especially in the beginning – at least had some realism that it grounded itself in. I think I’ve figured out what bugged me about PD – it can’t decide if it wants to be campy or if it wants us to take it seriously.

I’m usually ok with gimmicky kind of stuff but, if I’m supposed to then take the show seriously, it has to have a solid drama storyline to balance it out. Or, if it is just going for the funny… then it should stick to that. Plus that acting thing. In the end, it felt like this show was trying too hard to do what others have done before it.

WHEW. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one. I think the problem for me is that a drama that has gimmicky stuff added into it has to really nail the drama for it to work for me. PD didn’t do that. Plus, it really felt like they were trying too hard to capture the success of other shows. Their gimmicks felt ripped off rather than unique.

marty2103 says:

Yeah I watched it and it was really bad!!

cdn_tvaddict says:

Premise? Haha! C’mon now… You were gonna hate anything they put in that time slot. You stopped liking Lost when it was in the VM slot and Lost is quality TV.

cdn_tvaddict says:

I liked it because it was fun & fluffy. I am in no way saying it’s the next big thing. I kinda think this has potential for the CW line-up next year though. Again, not because it’s quality, but because it’s just the type of thing they keep on while they let the quality go.