A Quick Update

I’m here. The sickness has passed but allergies have been making the week hellish. It seems like every pollen count is at 100% in FL right now with no rain in the forecast. Breathing kinda sucks and I’m so congested that I’ve had trouble focusing all week. As a result, my Veronica Mars Bloggers Press Day full report is taking forever to complete. I had hoped to have it done by today so I could have it posted before heading down south but it’s not going to happen. I’m too busy trying to keep myself somewhat focused on work tasks to even think about writing during my breaks and I can only stay on the computer for so long at home before I have to do something else for a little while. And, quite frankly, today it feels wrong to bitch about this when all it means is that I’m alive to be bugged by allergies.

Thank you to those of you who left comments or emailed me the news about [info]nandibble. I’m kind of in shock right now but mostly sad. She was a lovely lady and she’s been a part of my online world for several years so it feels wrong that she’s no longer out there. She will be greatly missed and there are no words to adequately capture how much.

Finally a PSA: I’m heading down to PSL tonight. Mom goes in for her second hip surgery tomorrow. I’m not sure how long I’ll be in PSL – it kind of depends on what the visiting situation is at the hospital and rehab center – but probably into the weekend which means I won’t be around for a bit. Though it’s doubtful you would have (since I’d mentioned it previously), I didn’t want anyone to wonder why I suddenly disappeared. I hope the rest of the week treats everyone well and you all have wonderful weekends.

25 Responses to “A Quick Update”

marty2103 says:

I just wanted to send my best wishes for your mom, for your family and for you. I hope the surgery goes well and that she recovers completely!!!

I will miss ya and also I´d like to send you a hug for the loss of your friend!!!

calturner says:

I’ll be thinking of you and your Mom, Rae. *hugs you*

I’m still in shock over Nan. She is going to be missed so much.

tinkelo says:

I’m sorry to hear about your friend. I personally didn’t know her, but so many people on my flist did and are (understandably) really shaken up about what happened. :(

I hope everything goes well with your trip and your mom’s surgery. :)

southernbangel says:

*hugs you tightly* For everything. Your mom is my thoughts and prayers, sweetheart.

zimshan says:

I’m so sorry about Nan. I never crossed paths with her myself, but I know a great many who knew her, and she was incredibly well-loved. My deepest sympathy to all her friends and family.

Take all the time you need with that pesky VMBPD post. Have a good trip, be there for your mom, and I’ll be sure to sending some ‘Allergy-Be-Gone’ medicine and lots of hugs your way. :)

schnappycat says:

Many hugs and good wishes to you. I’m sorry about your friend and I hope you can take some comfort in your nice memories of her. And best wishes for your mom. I’m sure she will come through very well.

makd says:

Oh, {{{Rae-rae}}}

Like you, I’m in shock. She was a great gal and she will be deeply missed.
    It’s been a hard year in scubie-land.

makd says:

Came by because I remembered your posting about your mom, but it just flew by me in the confuzzle about Nan’s death.

I hope your mom’s surgery goes well and she’s back on track moto quick. Take care, Rae.

sweetcynic23 says:

I hope your mom’s surgery goes well, Rae. I’ll be sending good thoughts your way. I’m so sorry about your friend. **hugs**

harper47 says:

Yikes – Rae, I can’t believe you’re still fighting the bugs. What a complete bummer! I hope you’re feeling better soon.

I thought of calling you about Nan but I got the news just as I was leaving work to go teach and I figured by the time I had a chance to talk to you, you would have already heard.

My very best vibeage for your mother’s hip surgery. Skilled doctors, good nursing and speedy recovery is all on my vibeage list. I’m also sending you some pixiperk so you have the energy you need to be support gal.

nebula1500 says:

i’m sure it’s already been suggested, but when my allergies made me want to chop my nose off, i started taking 24 hour claritin-d (well, walitin-d) and it helped about 10000%. hope that helps at all?

slayedbymagic says:

Ugh! Allergies! Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Are you a tea person? I love!!! peppermint tea and Celestial Seasoning’s Echinacea cold care when my sinuses are being mean. They really help me.

*hugs* Take care and get to feeling better!

Aww, thanks Marty :) The surgery went well and my mom is in rehab now, already walking around a bit.

Thanks for the hug, I definitely needed it.

*hugs you*

Thanks, she was a lovely person and she’ll be missed.

Mom’s surgery went well so thanks for the good wishes!

*hugs you tightly back*

Thanks, hun. You know it’s greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much, hun. She’ll definitely be missed.

Heh, I’m working on the VMBPD this afternoon. I want to get it up today or tomorrow so I don’t have to worry about it after the new episode airs. I want to be free to be obsessed with all the new info we get. ;)

*hugs*

Thanks, Laura. The hugs and good wishes are appreciated. Mom did, indeed, come through very well. She’s already off to rehab and walking around. Before I know it, she’ll be back to her busy schedule of golf and bowling every other day.

Thanks, makd. {{{makd}}}

It’s been great to read all of the posts over at S3 and see so many memories of her. It’s definitely been a hard year of losses at S3 but I’m glad that Nan had someone there with her in the end.

Thanks for the well wishes :) Mom is up and about already – the surgery was actually less painful than the old hip so I suspect she’ll be back to normal any day now.

Thanks, dear. The good thoughts are appreciated. The surgery went great and Mom is already getting back on her feet so they definitely helped. *hugs*

No worries on calling me but thanks for the thought. :) Lee had sent an email letting us know and then Erin contacted me to make sure I had heard the news. I still haven’t posted on the tribute thread over at S3 but I will eventually. It’s hard to find the words sometimes.

Your vibeage must have helped! She’s been moved to rehab and is already starting to walk around a bit. Soon she’ll be back to bowling and golfing every other day.

*hugs*

Heh. Yes it did! I actually got the 12-hour claritin-d but only because I don’t seem to have as much as a problem at home as I do at work. Something about the trees around this area.

Hey… did you have a good time at your party? You’ve probably posted about this and I’m just behind. I got your email but went home sick that week before responding and then I was sick all weekend so you wouldn’t have wanted me there spreading my germs about. ;)

Thanks, sweetie. I ended up taking something for the allergies because they were bugging me… it’s become more of a slight congestion headache the past few days but even that makes it hard to function so I resorted to allergy meds.

I’ll have to try the tea though. Thanks for the suggestion!

*hugs*

PS – Glad to hear your grandma is doing well.

nebula1500 says:

there is definitely something about this area. mine are worse at work too. and the 12 hour ones are much cheaper if you don’t need 24 hour coverage like me.

and that party never wound up happening. and it wasn’t the worst thing in the world cuz i was pretty hungover that day anyways…

but eventually – even if i’ve been living there for 230498230 years – i WILL have a housewarming party. and you’ll be re-invited! :)