We’re officially at the halfway point in the season for Veronica Mars. About time to start making some guesses about the mysteries of the season, don’t ya say?
Sadly, we don’t have nearly enough evidence for my guesses about the bus to be anything more than wild and unfounded. However, the more I think about the ideas I listed about Felix’s murder in my DR post the other day, the more I like it.
So much so that I’m declaring it my first crackpot theory of the season and giving it a post of it’s own so that we may all look back upon this post come May and mock me mercilessly about how wrong I was… I can’t wait.
Oh and please note that I’m going on my own notes and memory of the clues we’ve gotten so far this season. If you see something that’s wrong, I beg you to tell me. I’ll keep updating this post as we get more evidence so I’d like it to be as accurate as possible.
Cervando did it, on the bridge, with a knife.
What?! Why do I have to explain it? It’s not like I cheated and peeked at the cards in the envelope!
Ok, ok. The only way this theory will ever work is if they are giving us all of the information about the PCHers and Fitzpatricks. In other words, if they start pulling clues out of the hat that could never be inferred from the information doled out to us during the first half of the season, my case will naturally fall right apart.
But, for now, here’s what we’ve learned:
- Weevil was out cold and taken home by Thumper and Dodie (sp?).
- Sully (? Not sure about that name) was sent to go get Cervando and bring him back to the bridge to get Weevil’s bike off the bridge.
- Hector, Bootsie, and Felix were left on the bridge with Logan.
- A PCHer is selling drugs at Neptune High and has a pipeline of coke, meth, and ecstacy.
- The witness who came forward against Logan is not the same person who called the police from the bridge.
- The false witness is doctor and friend to the Fitzpatricks.
- Cervando was on the bus and killed when it went over the cliff.
- Cervando had been bragging about hustling Liam Fitzpatrick out of a few grand down at River Styx.
- Felix had planned to get a tattoo of Molly Fitzpatrick on his chest.
- Hector did sell drugs to Dick but he got them from Sean and continues to deny having anything to do with the Fitzpatricks.
- Felix’s older brother, Gus “the Reaper”, was killed by the Fitzpatricks.
Things we can infer:
- Weevil’s bike was *not* on the bridge when the police showed up or he would have been more of a suspect than the absent Logan. This pretty much guarantees that the story of how Felix was stabbed is wrong because no way anyone was showing up after he was laying there dead to pick up that bike.
- The only way the PCHer who is selling drugs would have access to the drugs that are being sold is if that person is connected with the Fitzpatricks.
- Given his connection to the Fitzpatricks and the fact that he was *not* the guy on the bridge, the false witness was actually paid by the Fitzpatricks to come forward later, claiming he was the one who called the police (and thus re-opening the case against Logan).
- Which leads us to… the Fitzpatricks are somehow involved in what happened on the bridge.
- Hector and Bootsie are somehow involved in what happened on the bridge – why else would their version of the events on the bridge exist if they had left before the stabbing?
Questions I was left with after looking back at this info:
- Did Cervando show up and take Weevil’s bike? If so, how’s he involved and what did he know?
- Why was Cervando at the River Styx? Doesn’t seem like PCHers would be welcome there… much less in the position to hustle Liam.
- How did Felix get involved with Molly?
- Was Felix ok with the others knowing he was involved with her? Getting a tattoo of her seems to imply this since Weevil obviously knew her from the picture and it’s not like the PCHers wouldn’t eventually see the tattoo on Felix’s chest.
- Did the Fitzpatricks know Felix was seeing Molly?
- Who the heck is the drug connection?
- Does any of this have to do with wanting to usurp Weevil’s power? If so, could that be some of the motive for offing Felix? He was clearly the second in command.
And, somehow out of all that, I started to wonder if Cervando could be the missing piece of the puzzle. His name isn’t coming up because he’s dead and, therefore, not around to have suspicion thrown on him. Plus, I can’t get over why he was at River Styx and why he’d be stupid enough (remember, this is the guy who was on the honor roll) to brag about hustling Liam out of money. Until I realized it could have been a front.
If Cervando is the drug dealer he not only has a sudden influx of money to explain, he also has to explain why he might be seen at River Styx. It’s also explains why the Fitzpatricks had not come after him with bats for “hustling” Liam. Those aren’t such huge logical leaps for me that I can’t believe it’s possible. I’m not sure how to explain the Hector and Bootsie part unless I also factor in the idea of taking over the PCHers or Cervando including those guys in on the drug dealing. Somehow those guys have to be involved in it but, if they weren’t the actual Fitzpatrick connection, it lets them deny knowing anything about it to Weevil. If I stretch that even further, I can almost see why Hector would be using Sean to funnel drugs if he’s no longer got Cervando to supply him.
I don’t really have any evidence to base those last few things on, though, just looking for ways it could fit into my overall Cervando theory.
But why did he kill Felix, you ask? I’m not sure. It could have been the second in charge thing but I suspect there’s something more to it. Felix dating Molly could be a red herring ala Lilly seeing Weevil S1 but I think it has a part in the bigger picture. It connects him to the Fitzpatricks but doesn’t seem to indicate he’s the one selling the drugs. That would mean having to work with the very people who murdered his brother and, like Weevil, I’m not willing to believe that just yet. You can’t help who you fall in love with but you don’t have to love her family too.
Here’s why it’s a crackpot theory: I’m going to guess that Felix and Cervando saw each other in Fitzpatricks territory. Or Molly told Felix that one of the PCHers was working for the Fitzpatricks. On the same token, Cervando could have seen Felix there as well or been warned that Felix might know the drugs. Leap into the deep end with me! If Molly knew and then the Fitzpatricks found out about Molly and Felix and that she told Felix about Cervando, then they would have warned Cervando that one of the gang was onto him and he better take care of it.
Then he’s called to the bridge to pick up Weevil’s bike and Felix is there, he sees his opportunity and takes it. I have no idea if there were Fitzpatricks there as well or, again, how Hector and Bootsie are involved. But, the overall scenario makes the most sense to me based on the information that we know at this point. And, it makes sense that the Fitzpatricks would help in the framing of Logan to make sure none of it is connected back to them. Of course, Logan and Weevil ferreting out some more drug info could blow this whole theory out of the water.
I mentioned some of the things I’m not sure about up there but I also have stuff that’s floating around and not really connected to the bridge scenario or important to it:
Things I’m unsure about:
- Was Logan’s pocket knife used to stab Felix? Has Logan ever confirmed it? I can’t remember. That’s how it happens in the flashback we see but I’ve already said we can’t trust that. If Logan did pull the knife out to protect himself, it makes sense that Cervando would see it as an opportunity to use it instead of a weapon of his own.
- What’s the Curly/Cervando/Fitzpatricks connection? Is there a connection? The only idea I have right now is that the people responsible for the bus crash were looking to throw the suspicion off them and set up Curly/Fitzpatricks with the Cervando story. It would be complete concidence that they are connected more closely than the bus people knew. Plus, it’s necessary that the audience see that connection somehow so that the idea of it being Cervando isn’t such a shock later. I can see how they can even connect that with Curly looking into the crash and finding out that Veronica was investigating too (hence her name on his hand) and him getting knocked off because he was getting too close to finding out what really happened.
- Dick tells Logan that he’s “tight with those guys” (referring to the PCHers). Logan laughs (as do we) at this but it’s hard to tell if Dick was being factitious or serious. He doesn’t act like it’ll be a problem to get drugs from them so it made me wonder if he’s done that before… if he has, then he might have information Logan and Weevil need to figure out the Fitzpatricks connection.
/felix murder: crack pot theory #1
I should be a conspiracy theorist. After that post, it shouldn’t surprise you that I love mysteries and actually make charts to go along with any that I’m reading and watching.
Now, somewhere in the middle of that I thought, “It’s going to turn out that Logan did do it but it was an accident and self-defense but the PCHers still want him to go down for it and all that other stuff is going to be incidental.” It’ll be Logan’s raped but not raped storyline. Plus, it’ll have been a domino effect just like the drugged drink at Shelley’s party and Weevil will see that he and other PCHers were just as much to fault as Logan so there is no one person to blame for Felix’s death. Dammit. This post would have been much shorter if I’d thought of that *before* all that other stuff! Or, I should count that as Felix Murder: Crackpot Theory #2.