1. Depression sucks. I let the holidays get me down quite a bit during the last two weeks of December. I tend to curl myself up into a small ball at the very back of my shell during these periods so the only clue you would have had was my lack of daily posts. Logically there was no good reason for my moodiness and I had no desire to share it with anyone else during the holidays. But, it has passed and it’s a new year and there’s no reason I should be feeling depressed so I’m not anymore and I’m determined to stay positive.
2. It’s a numbers game. I took 32 hours of leave during the holidays. It seems like a lot but I just got my new Leave and Pay Exceptions Report and I still have 369.95 hours of annual leave and 367 hours of sick time. WTF? You realize, of course, that I could never use all of that. Ever. (Please, Universe, let’s not consider that a challenge.) I can’t even get paid for all that time if I leave now. That sucks. The point here isn’t to brag about how much time I have (mostly because I have it due to plain stupidity on my part). No, the point is to remind you to use your time. Don’t let it build up to the point where you will actually lose something you’ve earned when you decide to leave that company.
3. It’s an M&M World. In Orlando. Now, I buy a lot of M&Ms. When I went to Las Vegas back in June, I dragged D with me to M&M’s World because it was the only M&M store in the world. I was appropriately awed by it and in love. More recently I purchased custom printed M&M’s from their site… two different batches (schnappycat: I have the Sheriff Lamb M&M’s now and, oh, TEH LOVE!) and, still, the only store listed was the one in Las Vegas. Imagine my surprise when I happened to catch sight of a M&M’s World bag while at the Florida Mall with Doug and Greg last week. Hmmm. Eventually our travels took us right by the actual store and OMG! These stores should be outlawed. I have no money so nothing was purchased but, oh, the temptation.
4. California Dreamin’. You know what’s funny? I’ve never had any desire to visit, much less move to, CA and now? I am totally jealous of everyone on my f-list in CA. Ok, so I’m mostly just jealous of those my f-list who live close to others on their f-list. However, my sudden desire to be on the West Coast is easily explained by the fact that several of the people I wish I lived close enough to hang out with live in Cali. Too bad I feel all up in the air about my profession at the moment and, as result, don’t feel secure enough in my abilities to actually look at/for jobs on the West Coast.
5. Dude. Wash is coming to FX2006. Oh, yeah, and River too. Hee. I need to call up Rob and see if he’s interested. He’s not a big fan event type of person but Hugo and Alan and Summer? Who can resist that? I was just bitching to myself about how O-Town (or, FL really) never gets any of the Serenity people so I probably owe it to my bitchy self to go see ‘em, huh? It just sucks that it always happens on the weekend of HP and Cam’s birthdays when I’m busy making cakes all weekend. Damn cake business. Plus, how the heck am I gonna get to Tampa to see Wicked with all these other things mucking up the works?
6. Black Raspberry Vanilla. I could just roll my whole body in this scent. Conveniently, I have bought just about every incarnation of it from Bath & Body Works so I can pretty much do that, if I want. ‘Tis Heaven for me. My two favorite scents rolled into one sweet tarty product. Score!
7. Hoodies and VM. My favorite Christmas present to myself has to be this hoodie that I bought at Ron Jon’s on Christmas Eve. Mine is brown, though, a deep chocolate brown. And to prove that I can make everything about Veronica Mars, it totally makes me think about Logan every time I wear it. There’s just something about the combo of the browns and the greens and oranges in the artwork that have a very Logan-y feel. Luckily, until yesterday, it’s been chilly enough for me to wear it regularly without looking like a hoodie obsessed freak. Warning: The next thought is only tangentially related to this one. There was something else that kept making me think about VM the other day but I can’t remember what it was now and it’s driving me crazy. Dammit.
8. Zip it. Holy Mother of God. There are things I want to talk about but can’t and I find that extremely frustrating. Maybe if I had sent my Christmas presents out on time this year everyone would have them by now and I could discuss at will but I didn’t and I can’t. Instead you get incredibly annoying and vague and cryptic remarks like these from me.
9. Austin is a go. I’ve seriously debated going off and on for the past two weeks. See that depression thing from #1, plus the feeling all nervous about not knowing anyone and the current money issues. However, I’ve decided to suck it up and do something different for once. Plus, see #4 and how I’ll actually get to meet a few of those people and then maybe I won’t be as jealous (but, quite possibly, even more). It’s a vicious cycle, ya know?
10. Crap I forgot I wanted to say but remembered at the last minute and now must come up with a number 11 as well because I hate ending on even numbers. Ha. Over the holidays people were doing this phone number meme. Is anyone still doing that? Not answering unknown numbers? I meant to get in on it but then I was all bummed and couldn’t convince myself to get over my phobias to join in on it. Also, does anyone have a copy of Splitsville’s cover of I’ll Never Fall In Love Again? It’s on the Get Over It soundtrack but that’s on back order so I won’t be receiving my copy for who knows how long. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? I would love you forever and ever.
11. And……. I’m back and I’ve brought my long rambling posts with me. This is way too long and deserves a cut but I’m being lazy.