Iron Fan Day 1.5

I have no words. I am wordless.

Ok, I lie. I do have words and lots of ‘em and even a visual aid.

Yay! [info]cdn_tvaddict is here!! We’ve watched shiny *new* OC and rewound to analyze and squee-d over scenes. We’ve watched Reunion and snarked on the characters outfits, etc. We’ve re-watched Veronica Mars 2-01 and examined and re-examined many scenes, argued about timelines and meanings of lines and generally were our-nit-picky-selves. We’ve re-read the Serenity comics and re-watched scenes from “Objects in Space” to prepare ourselves for the movie. We’ve enjoyed dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and gone to see THE BIG DAMN MOVIE!!!!! More on reactions to that later. We’ve gone to Halloween Horror Nights – seen Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, screamed our way through three haunted houses, helped Spiderman save the world, and been chased down the streets by big men wielding chainsaws. We’ve made a midnight pit stop at the grocery store and were attacked by a rabid Serenity fan.

Oh. Did I forget to mention the t-shirts and the stares and stares and stares? Jody. Awesome woman that she is made us t-shirts that say “Joss Whedon has always been my master.” AWESOME. FUCKING. AWE. SOME.

We wore these to the movie and HHN last night. Needless to say, there were stares and lots of them. And you know I’m Joss’ whore when I’m ok with strangers staring at my chest if it makes people want to find out who he is. Like the guy at the Hard Rock Store who wanted to know who Joss was and couldn’t remember the movie but then remembered Firefly. Some even knew. The guy in the Fossil store who stopped to talk to us about the movie. Then the lady in the Spiderman line asking us where we had gotten them and then discussing our answer with her whole family. The ride attendant yelling after us that he loved our Joss shirts and giving us the thumbs up. The scary leather-clad Reaver-like demon guy in Demon Cantina who tried to steal Jody away from me and, after I told him to back off because she was mine, whispered that he just did it because liked our shirts. The few people in the haunted house lines who would read and grin (J’s not sure if they were grinning because of Joss or my chest – hmmm, I choose to believe it’s Joss). AND. To make-up for the many puzzled stares throughout the day, the girl at the grocery store who got accosted us on our way in eager to know if we’d seen the movie and what we thought. She was so excited to see us that J swears she looked like she might drop her groceries. Poor girl. She had to go see the movie alone because her friends wouldn’t go.

So? All in all. T-shirts have been declared a success. We took a picture in front of the Serenity poster and hope to post it at Browncoats just to share the love. Of course I forgot to take the same pic with my camera so you’ll have to settle for the last pic of the night, taken in the parking garage. Look at some crazy Joss fans.

Ahh, it’s true what they say. You really can’t stop the signal.

Here endth Iron Fan Day 1.5. Stay tuned for Iron Fan Day 2. Or 2.25. Or something like that. There will be Harry Potter discussion and DVD shopping and more show watching.

13 Responses to “Iron Fan Day 1.5”

calturner says:

Oh! Is that two of my favourite people in the whole wide world I see there?! You both look wonderful! It sounds like you both had so much fun!! I want to be there. *pout* Can’t wait to hear what you both thought of the movie! :D

I’m so excited for both of you! {{{Jody and Rae}}}

Ha ha! She is finally in the shower, and I have taken over her laptop!! I really can’t add much to the great post above, except to say Rae is AWESOME and we’re having a blast. Oh, and GO SEE THE BIG DAMN MOVIE!! And then go again. It’s up to us to make sure they really Can’t Stop the Signal!!

Oops! Must add that this and the above post are from JODY. I forgot to log out as Rae. :)

CAL!! OMG! We have been talking/thinking about you babe! We wish you could be here. You should be. At least now we can finally all discuss it! You have been so patient to keep quiet all this time. *smooches*

We both have absolutely NO negative words about the movie. None. We’re also going again tonight.

J logeed in as R

calturner says:

Jody!! Yay! I’ll be going back to see the BDM again next week, when it FINALLY gets released in the UK. I can’t wait! :D

I’m so glad you’re having a good time! And my first comment was awful! Reading it back I can’t believe how many “both of you”s I wrote in one comment. I was just so excited to hear from you! *g*

I take it you enjoyed the movie? :D

Heh! I have the laptop back. J is in the shower now. :)

You’re post was great, darling!

We both LOVED the movie and plan to see it again tonight. Yay for repeat viewings!! I’m sure we’ll have more intelligent things to say about it later but for now we just keep making random remarks about things in it.

calturner says:

JODY!! Thank you for thinking of me. I wanted to be there so much! I don’t know how I’ve managed to keep it all to myself for so long. *smooches you*

I don’t have anything negative to say either. Of course I was shocked by certain things, but I understood why they had to happen. I can’t wait to see the movie again. Imagine me sitting next to you while you’re watching it tonight. I’ll be there in spirit. {{{Jody}}}

calturner says:

It really is a wonderful movie. Paul loved it almost as much as I did. I can’t wait to discuss it with you, once you’ve had time to take it all in! So many things to discuss. :D

{{{Rae}}}

angelspike69 says:

Jody and Rae — glad you two are having a great time.

Just got home from the movie. Posted my reaction in my journal. I want to see it again, and again, and again, and again…okay I think you get the picture.

I’m really at a loss for words at how much I liked the movie.

southernbangel says:

Best. shirts. ever.

*squees with you*

So, so glad y’all are having a fantastic time!!

zimshan says:

always been my master.” /i>

OH YEAH! When I first saw those ‘my master now’ shirts, I thought, ‘Now? WTF?’. So good going!

karinalee says:

OMG! You guys totally rock! I love the T-shirts so much!!!

I cried for 10 minutes. Joss. OMG!! What a bastard! I love him so much. But what a bastard!!!

You guys look fantastic! Hugs to both of you!!

cara_leigh9 says:

Oh my gosh, you two look adorable! I wish I’d been there with you, now. It sounds like you had so much fun.

Loved the movie and I want to see it again!!