Where’d the real Rae go?

I am watching college football.

Uh, ok. Where’d you guys hide the real me? The real me doesn’t watch college football. OMG. I’m actually getting anxious and EXCITED about college football?! An alien has taken over my body.

UCF is on ESPN tonight and they are actually playing a GOOD game! I’m so proud of our boys. They aren’t gonna win but who cares. They are doing good on national TV and that’s amazing given our suckiness since, well, ever.

This is very surreal for me because I’ve never really experienced the feeling of being proud of *my* school. I’ve always ended up at schools with sucky sports teams. But I’m watching and saying, “Awww, that’s my school. They’re talking about *my* people.”

Ok, O’Leary. I take it all back. You are worth the ridiculous amount of money we pay you.

PS – Ok, now they are making me all teary-eyed with the talk about Brian Green and his treatments and James’ sister (who has been missing since she went back to NO for school).

ETA: I’ve decided it can all be blamed on the band practicing on the field behind my office. They are making me feel all school spirit-y with their gold and black flags and the marching.

8 Responses to “Where’d the real Rae go?”

cara_leigh9 says:

*sigh*

I love football, whether it’s HS, College or Pro. You wouldn’t want to watch a game with me, though, I tend to throw remote controls and shoes when they don’t go my way.

harper47 says:

Hey football Rae – would you please tell me how to friend lock the LJ? Thanks.

Hey – where do you write your posts? Do you use the online form? If so, in the box at the bottom that has all the different post options, you should see one that says “Security”. If you pick “friends” from there, it’ll lock your posts to friends only. I use Semagic and it’s called “Security Level” there but it works the same way. If you want to lock your entire journal, you have to go back and make all your old entries “Friends” security level only.

Hope that helps :)

Well, I like Pro football even though I haven’t been watching recently. I do like going to HS and College games but I don’t really enjoy watching those on TV. Heh. I have friends who, like you, also get very involved in the game. :)

eolivet says:

I thought of you when I saw UCF was playing. :) We were flipping back and forth between the Sox and the Patriots, so I didn’t get to see much, but I hope you ended up spoiling Spurrier’s welcome back party. ;)

Hee. Well, he still won the game but it wasn’t the clean sweep he was hoping for so I suspect we spoiled it just a little bit. He turn his visor down on the ground at some point so surely that’s a good thing? ;)

eolivet says:

Oh yes — I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed seeing him pout and cry. I can barely believe he’s 60-years old.

(I’m kind of embarrassed to say the only thing I really knew about UCF was Daunte Culpepper came from there. :x )

LOVE your Logan icon…awww. :D

Thanks :)

I admit to getting some enjoyment out of Spurrier’s temper tantrums as well. Boys will be boys even when they’re in their 60s I suppose.

Don’t be embarrassed. I mean, I guess you could have known us as have the losingest streak ever. It’s much better to know us just for Daunte. Heck, it’ll be a while before we’re known for much else. Except maybe being stupid enough to pay O’Leary a fortune to coach us.