Skip to my Logan

So, I’m watching VM scenes. I know, SHOCKING isn’t it? I have a question about the skip. Oh, you know what I’m talking about and, in case you don’t, I come prepared with visual aids:

Do you think Jason is a skipper? Or was the skip just something he came up with to fit Logan? Like, did the script say, “Logan grabs his book and happily makes his way to the door” and Jason felt like that translated to a skip? Or, did the script actually say, “Logan grabs his book and does a lil’ skip-hop towards the door.”

This is the important stuff I consider in my head while I’m working all day. Topic of the day for Rae’s brain: Dissection of Logan’s Skip

11 Responses to “Skip to my Logan”

ww1614 says:

The MAD script did not say anything about a skip.

Ahh, thanks :) . *pets the pretty script for a few minutes*

Ok, so now is it something Jason does or totally something he came up with for Logan?

sexycereal says:

Yeah, scripts generally aren’t that detailed. It could have been the director’s idea, or it could have been improv.

Heh. Well I figured it wouldn’t be in the script exactly as I added it above and Wendy’s copy of the script from that scene confirms it wasn’t even [Skips] stage direction. I am still curious if it was improv or the director’s idea. And, if it was improv, if it’s because it’s something he does. I tend to hop a lot when I’m excited so that’s probably that would end up showing up as a character trait if I could, ya know, act.

sexycereal says:

I just meant in general scripts don’t have stage directions to that detail. Stage directions are kept to a heavy minimum in TV scripts – probably because they’re written so quickly. I’d imagine it’s a character trait but that’s only spec because I tend not to use my own traits when I’m in character.

I think you’re right about character trait mostly because it’s the same kind of nervous energy build up we see in Logan all season long. And, that works for me because I was trying to picture Jason skipping and I keep seeing Logan.

sexycereal says:

It does seem like a very Logan-y thing to do. Damn that boy is hyper-kinetic, tape him up to a generator and I bet he could power a light bulb.

cara_leigh9 says:

I’ve noticed the skipping, too and love it! He does another little move in ATTtD where he kind of skips off a ledge and swings V around on the the pool house.

I may pay a little too much attention to the boy :-)

cara_leigh9 says:

Damn, I should proofread before I post.

“on the WAY to the pool house”

keyser7soze says:

I did see Jason walk in-person. I noted his fondness for holding hands with short chicks. However, I did not spot any skipping-while-handholding a la ATttD. :)

zimshan says:

Well, even if it wasn’t in the script, I do think it was something instructed. I had wondered the first time I watched MAD what the hell the skipw as for and why was there so much spinning. But as I had posted later in the week in my ep. analysis/comments of MAD, it does fit. The parellels made between Keith/Alicia and Logan/Veronica are incredibly important in MAD and one of the big things is ‘Dancing=Happiness’. VM is able to sympathize with her father when he finds him moving on, because she not only knows he’s happy, but understands, as she is going through the same thing. The spins and the skips (yea, he definitely skipped abit again in the house scene) just help to drive across the happiness. It was in character for happy Logan because he’s really more marshmallowy than Veronica will ever be but I’m not sure if they will ever let Logan get that happy again. Not for a long, long time.

So wheither it was intentional or not, I think it works incredibly nicely with the rest of the script.