Can I be Anne?

I miss Buffy.

Maybe it’s because I’ve been so focused on VM lately or because Joss admitted to liking VM today but, for some reason, I suddenly wanted to see Buffy today.

Is it odd that Anne is my favorite episode? I know so many people who don’t really like this episode and yet it is the one that touches me the most. I think it’s because I identify so strongly with the idea of wanting to run away and reinvent yourself. I, too, occasionally just want to be Anne. And, yet, the moment when Buffy stands up and acknowledges who she is… the moment when she stops running? It *fits* every time I watch it.

Here are some of my favorite moments in the episode:

10 Responses to “Can I be Anne?”

boyfriendincoma says:

Communist!Buffy = ♥

The hammer and the sickle and the revolution of the working class will never fail to warm my heart.

cdn_tvaddict says:

“I’m Buffy… the Vampire Slayer. And you are?” WHAM

Love it. Just watched it last week. Up to Lover’s Walk now.

Buffy always holds the #1 spot in my 5 disc changer. Always.

makd says:

Sit over here on the Buffy sofa with me; I miss her too. I wonder sometimes, as I’m reading the fanfic what an 8th season would have been like.

spectralbovine says:

I love “Anne”!! It’s one of my favorites, and I couldn’t understand why there was so much dislike either. I agree with you! *hugs*

Exactly! I was trying to get a cap of the hammer in her hand but couldn’t get the exact shot I wanted. I may have to try again because that’d be a great icon.

Buffy always holds the #1 spot in my 5 disc changer. Always.

Ain’t that the truth! She’s always in one of my DVD players. I just watched the first episode of S7 on UPN the other night. I need to go back and rewatch the end of S2… gotta get me some Buffy and Faith action.

*settles in next to makd*

Hey. Why do you always get to hold the Spike pillow?

Season 8. Sigh.

What?! I should have known… *hugs back* Wait. You can’t be real. You’re like one of those bots Warren makes aren’t you? A Polter-Cow Bot.

harper47 says:

Hi Rae. This has absolutely nothing to do with your entry but I wanted to make sure you knew the Cutie awards were tomorrow (at least according to Vlad). I wanted to make sure you popped over at some point. I think it turned out wonderfully and is so much fun. Maybe you could let your LJ list know? It really is very clever and lots of fun to read.

Anyway – hi – hope you had a nice day.

Hmmm – my comments re your entry. Buffy good. Anne good. Jossverse good. Recent spoilers re VM bad.

Hello m’darling. Thanks for letting me know. I did not know that but I check the S’cubie board every day, several times a day usually, so I probably would have caught the announcement at one point. :)

I will definitely pimp out to my LJ list once he gets them up! We must share the Cutie Award love!

*hugs*