The Next Day

First and foremost, thanks to everyone for their kind words and thoughts. :warm hugs to you all:

And, now, for the rest of the story.

Went to the bank this morning. The accounting girl, Kelly, had me write and sign a letter that stated that there were several unauthorized transactions on my account and that I wanted the bank to investigate. Once I did that, she and I compared my account my information to see that we had both picked out the same transactions. Then she told me that she’d have a credit for the total amount in my account that afternoon and the bank would take care of it from that point. She also gave me her number so that I could give her a call if I saw anymore transactions come through on the account.

When I checked my account at 3:00, the entire amount was back. I’ve never been so relieved in my life.

The only sucky thing is that my new check/debit/ATM card may not be here for 2 weeks. Yikes! I live on that thing. I left work early today just so that I could get some money for the weekend. But, after getting the money back, I think I can handle that inconvenience. :wink:

So, thanks again everyone. Your good thoughts made me feel so much better last night and, in my world, helped it get resolved so fast today.

6 Responses to “The Next Day”

cara_leigh9 says:

Yay! I’m so happy it all came out okay.

{{Rae-Rae}}

Love your mood theme BTW.

makd says:

good news! a bank that works WITH you. And, betcha the ATM/debit/check card is at your mailbox in less than 2 weeks.

sunflowr says:

Just wanted to say Hi. :) Havent been by in a while. Love your journal layout, btw. :) How did you get the side content that way (with the pic). ?

Heya Sunflwr!

Thanks. I’m actually working on trying to create a completely unique layout but I haven’t got it all figured out yet. In the meantime, I had changed my colors to the greens as I love green. My friend took the picture at a Japanese garden here in FL and I love it. I have it as my wallpaper at work and it is what inspired me to make my journal green. As I was working on the colors, I realized I should try to incorporate the picture. (Plus, I use the saying under the picture as a “sanity check” when at work and they really describe the feeling of peace I get when looking at the picture.)

I have a paid account but I think you can customize even without one. In your LJ settings, when you pick a layout (in Modify Journal area), you can choose to customize it further? I went through changing all the colors and then changed the background settings. I made the background image and loaded it onto my website. Then you can use the URL to that image and have your LJ pull it.

Depending on the journal layout you have, you can set it to sit on the side, etc. This layout lets me move the “journal” part either to the left, right, or center. I think it defaults to the center but I played with it on either side and the background positioning to see which worked best. Then, if you want your picture to just be there once and not disappear when you scroll, set it to “no-repeat” and “no scroll”.

Not sure if any of that helped! The LJ FAQ kinda goes into how you change portions of your layouts to customize your look. If you have a paid account, you can change more things but, even if you don’t, you can still change quite a bit … and usually you can always change the colors and backgrounds.

Thanks, makd! From your post to the check card people’s ears! Yes, I’m very impressed with my bank. I was sure it’d take longer as they are such a tiny credit union. But, in this case, I guess that’s a positive thing. They actually know their customers well enough to be able to tell when it’s a valid complaint.

{{Cara}}

Thanks!

I love the Little Mermaid… that and Beauty & the Beast are my faves. I got the Little Mermaid theme somewhere but I’m thinking of making one from Beauty & the Beast too… or Kill Bill. Hmm, what a combo.